ISO 400 & Noise...

smyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, last night, there was a small outdoor concert here. I brought my camera. I loaded it with Fuji Superia ISO 400. Now, I know that it's not the greatest film in the world, but I had run out, and was the best I could get my hands on. Only other choice was the "store brand" but I have to say when I got the pictures back from the developer today, I was very dissapointed. They were VERY noisy, something I wasn't expecting from an ISO 400 film. So I was wondering, is it possible, that some of the overall crudiness of the prints was due to the developer?

I've shot over 100 rolls of that specific film (it may not be very much, but it's enough to get an idea) and the vast, vast majority of my pictures have been noise free.

Was the film possibly expired?

I doubt it. I bought it last night. Would it be the low light? I don't think it would but then again, I don't really know.

It could be that you miss-shot. If you underexposed the roll the developers would have pushed the photo quite a bit which really brings out noise.

It could be that you miss-shot. If you underexposed the roll the developers would have pushed the photo quite a bit which really brings out noise.

That's what it is. After re-thinking it, I set the camera's exposure compensation dial to -2Ev by mistake, thinking it was +2EV. Gah, now I feel like a complete moron, and am angered at myself, as a good photographic oppotunity came upon me, and all I have is a bunch of crudy, noisy photos. Oh well, lesson learned.

That's what it is. After re-thinking it, I set the camera's exposure compensation dial to -2Ev by mistake, thinking it was +2EV. Gah, now I feel like a complete moron, and am angered at myself, as a good photographic oppotunity came upon me, and all I have is a bunch of crudy, noisy photos. Oh well, lesson learned.

Hey don't be so hard on yourself... we've all done that. Well OK when I say "all", I mean you and me. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back