ISO 6400 test (with D5200)

Looks very good to me.No doubt the iso can be pushed with good exposure and the good sensor it has.

YEAH, pretty good for ISO 6,400. On those subjects there's not much visible noise. How were these shot? RAW or SOOC JPEG?

Canon 1DX @ 16000 ISO RAW

Ba BAM !
ry%3D400

:hail:

What? The shutter's working on that thing still?

Yea they fixed it for free and had it back to me in 3 days. But i have 2 1dx's hehe.

Better example 1DX @ 25600 ISO RAW but you can start to see noise now.
ry%3D400

YEAH, pretty good for ISO 6,400. On those subjects there's not much visible noise. How were these shot? RAW or SOOC JPEG?

That's RAW, Derrel.

And amazing 1DX performance, CAP.

Yea they fixed it for free and had it back to me in 3 days. But i have 2 1dx's hehe.

Better example 1DX @ 25600 ISO RAW but you can start to see noise now.
ry%3D400

LOOKS GREAT AT this business card size. How's it look enlarged to the size of a man's hand? lol

I remember the earliest d-slr I had, the ole' Nikon D1....OMG...the noise at 400 was worse than any of these samples I'd say....just was not much respite from noise back in the day.

Thanks.The Sensor is not on par with your D5200 but not to shabby for a 2010 little dated sensor canon.If I recall,I think CoastalConn pushed his D7100 20,000 ISO and it was clean.These crop cameras really are impressive and get better all the time.

I agree.
The D5200 is really surprising me more and more.
I am planning to buy the D810 soon, but I've decided to keep the D5200 as well and benefit from the two of them, when in need for the extra FOV reach of this 24 MPix crop sensor.

You can see some grain there, but not so bad at this size.
In these newer sensors, high ISO becomes a major problem when you need to zoom in and crop, otherwise, with the right skills, you can get great results with the correct resolution and settings.

This is ISO 3200 for comparison
$DSC_6406.JPG

Most reactions

Back