ISO

zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
is there any way that you can edit the iso of an image that has been already taken, say can it be done in photoshop or other photo editor if you took it on raw to lower and adjust the iso there?

i totally messed up my pictures... :(

No, unfortunately not. ISO is essentially a 'mechanical' setting, that is, it sets your sensor's sensitivity to light. By 'totally messed up' what do you mean? Careful work in post can turn some pretty ugly looking starting images into a decent finished product.

Simple answer - no
More complex - you can shoot in RAW mode which will let you alter the white balance and exposure of a shot - though if you have overexposed or underexposed areas (white or black) then the camera has not recorded the details present and you won't get the details back. Its a cushion mode since you still need a good exposure to start with, but can definatly help when you mess up - or the light changes. Of course the downside is that RAWs need to be processed as the camera does not apply its own noise reduction, sharpening or white balance codes to the photo - you have to do this yourself to the RAW file (RAW being raw unprocessed data from the camera sensor).
As a result RAW editing can take a little longer. Further there is the added problem of size - RAW files are far bigger than JPEG ones - so you can fill up your memory card very quickly (4GB card is ideal for most people for RAW shooting on an average day).

for your current shots - post one up - it might be recoverable

i took everything in raw, about 300 images, processed it all, liked 280 out of them, and 95 went to the internet.

this is the image i tried to make look better, at first i didn't thought it's too bad, but when i viewed it to it's actual size, that's the time i got a little pissed. here's the before and after.

before:
hin261hz9.jpg

after:
hin261br3.jpg

it doesn't really show here but on the actual pixels, the noise is noticable on her skin.

Last edited:
dunno what you did to it but i don't like the "after" one. first thing i think the noise is actually more obvious in the second one and furthermore you got her skin tone wrong. that is of course my personal opinion

Were you trying to brighten up the photo? I usually just go and mess with contrast and a few other adjustments in photoshop and it works fine for me. Sometimes it's just the picture and certain things can't be fixed.

what i did is i adjusted the exposure, -1 i think, then boost up the contrast and brighten it up a little. i was trying to get the light part on her eyebrows to be leveled on the rest. it's like the 10th to the last of 300image, i messed up a messed up image. i need to sleep, been awake for 19hrs now...
i'll try to reedit it later and post up the image again.
advices are all welcome and appreciated.

A lil edit .. Reduced highlights and cleaned up the hot spot of the harsh light.

Attachments

• $hin261hz9.jpg
    $hin261hz9.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 74
It looks really red. Like shes sunburned all over.

I don't like any of the edits. Personally I would just crop it and reduce the noise. With that being said I don't usually worry too much about editing when it comes to snapshots.

the noise is exactly my problem that's why i'm editing it, trying to make it not so noticable and having a hard time on how to do it.

Most reactions

Back