It finally happened...

ya I have NEVER had this bad of luck or lack of customer service with any other company I have ever bought from, either online or in a store. I would just love to hear this guy quits so then there again sits what could have been my camera. it says I have a 3 business day time period to respond or they will cancel it. I told the guy over the phone friday to please put my cell phone number to call if it needed to be verified because I would be away off camping. sure enough damn e-mail came in friday right after I talked to the guy askign my to call to verify. its just been a pain and right now I am just feeling like I dont even want the camera. I sure as hell dont want to give this company my money

In stead of getting too worked up, see if B&H has a 30D used in great shape. If so, cancel your order with Adorama and move on. If no one else has one, then you'll just have to put up with the issues. You'll get your camera, that much I'm sure of.

I agree with tharmsen. Not need to get too worked up. It is not good for your health and won't make any difference anyway.

Instead, try and use their screw up to your advantage by negotiating a better deal on the used one they have. Never bought from Adorama so I don't know if it would work but it has for me with a number of other companies. And of course, this has a way better chance of success if you stay calm while on the phone with them.

I also use the power of the internet to my advantage in cases like this. I tell whatever company that I will spread my story all over the internet if I don't get satisfaction :lol:
At the same time, I don't get greedy.

ya I didnt think I am getting too greedy, I already had to settle for a used one because there site was wrong. I am always super nice in my phone calls and e-mails. Its just crazy that one one person can validate or verify orders... seems like this guy is having a sick day today so now I have to wait yet another day before it even gets shipped out.

I checked B&H already... I dont see anything used or else I would have already gotten it from them

Sorry CW but I think you focused on the wrong part of my post. Probably because, with good reasons, you are pissed. What I said is, don't be greedy when you talk to them about their screw up. Instead, stay cool and calm, tell them how you feel about being screwed, and get the best deal you can get out of them. And if you need to mention the internet, mention it.

well I talked to a great guy Fred W. with them who explained everything and took the 2 year extended warranty off and gave it to me for $1 vs the $50 it would have cost. still sucks but I got compensated. All they had to do was confirm where it was being sent, like my home adress.

I was really calm on the phone with them. I rant and rave and get pissed off, but when it comes to actually talking with someone at the company who can deal with the problem I am really nice about it because I know you catch more bees with honey. needless to say he also bumped me up on the shipping so hopefully I would have it sooner, its only NY to CT like a 5 hour drive lol so we will see

Well Adorama gets my approval, they made it right by me. Surprisingly enough... I should have my camera tomorrow! lots of pictures when I get it so no worries!

If you're lucky, you might find a used 50mm f/1.8 MK I. I bought mine on ebay for a bit more than the current breed of 50mm f/1.8 MK II costs new. The difference is that it is much more solidly built (more metal than the new one). I love the lens (and love my 30D). It is a whole lot cheaper than the f/1.4.

ya that will most likely be the next lens I get for it, I figured to start off even the kit lens would be fine. I am kinda a zoom lens person, I dont like being locked into a fixed distance if that makes sense. but the 50mm 1.8 will defiantly be in my bag thats for sure!

Most reactions

Back