It finally happened...

Well, they're website updates inventory every night and it's not in real-time. I've bought the last one of something they had in stock and it showed as being in stock on their website until the next day. That's pretty normal unfortunately. What probably happened is someone bought the last one in stock just before you placed your order.

The 30D has been out of stock for some time since Canon stopped making it a couple of years ago. Canon gets bodies in all the time which they refurbish and resell to companies like Adorama. The camera you thought you had purchased would have been used/refurbished, there haven't been any new 30D's on the market for quite some time. Heck, I'm not even sure Canon is refurbishing them anymore, so in this case yours would have been a trade-in / used. They will get new ones very quickly.

The advantage of buying through a company like Adorama is their inventory is constantly being replenished. They're absolutely huge volume dealers and are quite reputable.

I know you're let down because the camera turned out to be out of stock. In the future when dealing with used/refurbished products from Adorama or even B&H, don't place the order online - call them voice and talk to a sales rep. Have them verify what you're ordering is in stock.

Wow they still don't mention that they are out of stock, I'm glad that did not happen when I ordered my last lens through them. I'll stick with B&H.

CW Jones, I'm sure you are getting a brand new camera body. I use my 5D II for work, and my 30D for everything else,.. I love that camera. Try to be patient.

ya at least if they mentioned it I would be ok with it... yet they are still trying to sell them. I just dont get how that works. so they will let another 10 people get the 30D and send them all the same E-mail? I am going to call them when they open, which should be any min and ask what exactly is going on, because this is just noot right at all. I waited long enough to get this camera then its back ordered. I mean if it was the XS or XSi or something that I knew they were making fine... it happens... but this one hasn't been made in a while

I have purchased a rebet XT / refurb 40D / used Canon G7 ...referred friends and family as well... various lenses all from Adorama. They all shipped quickly and in hand like 3 days in brand new condition. I think this is a one off and just a bad experience. I wouldn't write em off its a great company... in my opinion

I'm not writing them off till I can talk to a live person, I dont go that overboard. I am just very pissed off right now, you cant put something for sale that you dont have. Thats like me selling a truck that I dont have then trying to go out and find one

So strange, I have no idea where they are getting them new given they've been out of production for quite some time. If they're out, I don't know where they might replenish their stock. It's not like they can call up Canon and say "send me 10 more 30D's".

Call their toll free number and ask for Meyer (#28). He's the rep I work through and the guy has jumped through hoops for me. He even took back a 5DMk2 after almost 60 days when I discovered a huge hotspot in my video image. I never use the video function on my 5DMk2 and after having owned it for quite a while I shot a random video just because I could. That's when I noticed the huge (eraser sized on my television) red hot pixel in the video. He shipped me a new camera, no questions asked, and well outside of their return policy.

Its service like that which will keep me buying from Adorama.

The 30D has been out of stock for some time since Canon stopped making it a couple of years ago.

Actually, I believe it was in August or September 08 that the 30D was discontinued. Adorama started advertising them at $699 in September 08, so that fits.

What is most probably going on is that they don't want to keep this camera in stock (or at least no more than one at a time) as it is discontinued. Not that many people are interested in discontinued models and they're not going to stock a bunch of them and risk getting stuck with them.

But if they advertise it, they most probably can still get it from Canon and you're just looking at a bit longer wait on its delivery. One way to make sure is to call them and ask.

The wait will be worth it! I hope they come through for you quickly. I absolutely hate waiting for new stuff. I sit by the window waiting for the UPS or FED-X guys.

ok so they confirmed they could not get the new 30D.... crap. so I ended up with a used 30D in "E" condition the 2 year extended warranty, memory card and lens. should be here today or tomorrow... cept I got some security E-mail from them now? aye

ok so they confirmed they could not get the new 30D.... crap. so I ended up with a used 30D in "E" condition the 2 year extended warranty, memory card and lens. should be here today or tomorrow... cept I got some security E-mail from them now? aye
Yeah, I didn't think they could. The E condition camera should be a very nice body. Let us know how it looks and shoots.

ya who knows if i will ever get it at this rate. Called the number to verify... O ya the guy is gone for the day.... great so now I get to wait yet another day! I might just cancel this order too. IDK what the heck is going on with adorama... but I am not too happy with them at all right now. I am amazed that one ONE person in the entire company can verify my address to ship

Wow. Sounds like you're running out of luck with them. Hopefully everything gets resolved.

I sure hope that guy doesnt quit. Then the whole company will go out of business.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back