It finally happened...

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my Canon 30D from adorama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after 4+ months of research and wanting a DSLR, I feel that I put in more than enough research time and know exactly what I have bought! I got it for $699 with the 18-55 kit lens, while yes I know kit lenses are the greatest... It will be a great starter lens till I can get the 50mm1.8 and a nice zoom lens. Just thoguht I would share my excitment!

Thank you to everyone who answered all my questions about different camera options, I appreciate your patcience with me!

Well now I just have to wait till Monday or Tuesday for it to arrive, I picked this weekend because I will be at the NASCAR race out camping so I wont be sitting around with a tracking number watching every move it makes! haha

:heart: 30D

Congratulations on the new camera :thumbup: If you ordered it yesterday, I bet you will get it tomorrow.

Nah I just ordered it today, I leave tomorrow for the races and wont be back till Monday. I did the UPS 3 day select for the reason that they dont deliver on Saturdays, no one will be home and I dont want it sitting outside all weekend.

I will have my best friend who lives around the corner checking the house anyways so if there is a box by some odd reason I am sure she will bring it in :)

Congrats on the 30D. I just got my 40D from Adorama last week. I think you're really gonna love that 30D...a lot of my friend were shooting with 30Ds until they moved up to 5Ds.

Yeah!!

Just wait until you want something better in about 2 months :(
Hopefully, you don't fall into that trap :p

New toy!!! :) Congrats!

Very nice choice, the 30D is a great body.

I love my Canons... they really are God's gift to photography. :)

I can't wait to see your pics.

haha ya I have been waiting for this one for like 3+ months so I am sure I will go more than 2 months without wanting an upgrade haha

I can't wait to see my pictures either! haha I am just looking forward to the power of a DSLR over my adv. P&S more features, and o so many more reasons! next things to get... off camera flash and the 50mm 1.8 :) o o then a nice zoom like the 70-200 4L o boy there goes all my money!

and the 50mm 1.8 :)
My suggestion is to skip the EF 50mm f/1.8 and get the EF 50mm f/1.4 instead. I have a Nifty Fifty and I can't wait to get a f/1.4 to replace it. The Nifty Fifty is cheap and it feels cheap and it performs cheap. It's a nice starter lens and the pictures it takes are 'okay', but if you're going to stick with photography do yourself a favor and get the f/1.4 instead...I think you'll be happier in the long run.

Grats on the new toy. It doesent stop there lol, I dont think the spending ever stops!

and the 50mm 1.8 :)
My suggestion is to skip the EF 50mm f/1.8 and get the EF 50mm f/1.4 instead. I have a Nifty Fifty and I can't wait to get a f/1.4 to replace it. The Nifty Fifty is cheap and it feels cheap and it performs cheap. It's a nice starter lens and the pictures it takes are 'okay', but if you're going to stick with photography do yourself a favor and get the f/1.4 instead...I think you'll be happier in the long run.
I agree. The 1.8 is a marginal lens in terms of performance. It often misses focus and is slow to focus. The focus ring is non-existent and the build quality is toy like. The 1.4 is quite a bit more expensive ($350 or so) but it is a much nicer lens.

hmm... ok well the 30D is on back order... which I fine it crap that it wouldn't say that on there site any where until you place the order. they also no longer make the camera.... while it says they will get one from the manufacturer.... I really dont see how if they dont make it anymore. Not too happy to say the least, might be the first and last time I use adorama. how can they put up a certain camera for sale and not have it? so now I am going to get some grey market camera? 10-14 days before it ships.....

Most reactions

Back