It is on its way, the D5

So would I but that wouldn't stop me from buying one if it was a modern equal to my F5. The F6 appears to be a wonderful camera however not up to F5 standards of durability. There's a couple threads over on APUG concerning the need for repair and parts/labor not being available other than in the USA. I have been on the fence about buying one (F6) but that's soured me. Fortunately the F5 is going strong and exhibits no problems current or future.

I'm not real happy with digital right now. My D90 crapped out at just short of 6K clicks. It's repairable but do I spend the $$ or move on? I do like it but the merry go round of digital obsolescence is not a comfortable ride. My 43 year old Nikon F takes wonderful photos and seems like it'll last forever. It's oe of the reasons I never stopped using film.

Sorry didn't mean to rant but....................I'm tired of being force fed expensive short lived product. Not just photography related either.

DSLR bodies are the new consumable. There as much the cost of digital photography as film and lab services were(and remain).

One wonders whether F6s are still being made in any numbers--if at all--with remaining sales just drawing down existing inventory.

Semi-related, I guess. Is there any other device n the world that uses XQD or does the D5 corner that market?

Some Sony video cameras apparently use XQD, too.

At least I've read that in one of the articles about the D5 ... forgot which one. And I didnt checked it, either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back