It was 105 today with the heat index! (C&C)

#1 is awesome.

#2, it appears if you took a couple steps to your left, you would have had trees framing her as a background rather than the car and building.

#3 I'd have framed her more to the right in the frame, and I am not sure I like her cropped at the waist. *shrugs*

#4, would be awesome if you pulled back a bit, and got the whole circle of the tube, and not clipped her toes off.

:thumbup:

Are you using a polarizing filter? Sometimes they will help with blown out skies.

Several of these seem soft or OOF. #4 is the best, but one big step backwards would have improved the composition. Keep shooting!

1. I agree with the others that this is a great composition. If you try this again, have her wear colorful clothes that are not in the blue/violet family. It would give more contrast with the blue of the tunnel-thingy and provide more visual impact.

2. This one suffers from background, and not just the car. What I would try is to get in tight and minimize dof to control this, along with trying to fill the hopefully-blurry background with something completely natural, like foliage. You might have to kneel down and shoot up to accomplish this.

#3 I'd have framed her more to the right in the frame, and I am not sure I like her cropped at the waist. *shrugs*

I got another one, but it has distracting background and blown out socks and the focus isn't as good as the first.

IMG_3502.jpg

Also, this one has blasted color issues cause of the sun shining through the slide at her.
IMG_3427.jpg

I love the whole pose in the tree!, but yeah, background. The devil is in the details.

I LOVE that last one! Just clean up the sides. Get rid of the second white bar on the left, even out the outer purple strip, and see if you can correct the leaning white bars without distorting her. (perspective crop, or select the portion on each side, and free transform/skew). I would also try to blur the harsh green/yellow transition under her knees, just to soften it a little.

I love three and four, and of the new ones, that last one is very cool. :D

But goodness, how to do stand such HEAT? I start slowly dying when its above 80 F....

Could you put this in GIMP terms?

even out the outer purple strip, and see if you can correct the leaning white bars without distorting her. (perspective crop, or select the portion on each side, and free transform/skew).

Hahahha...sorry, I not know GIMP language.

See if there is a gimp tutorial on skewing a selection?
Perhaps some GIMP masters here could pipe up.

EDIT: I do have GIMP. LOL There is a tool next to the SHEAR tool, called Perspective Tool.
You draw a box (selection tool) around the white bar, then take one corner and change that edge to match the bar angle, and then select Transform in the dialogue box. It should then correct the angle by the amount you pulled the edge line out.

EDIT: Copy your selection to a new layer, then apply Perspective Tool.

Last edited:
IMG_34271.jpg

Heh, I think this is one of those instances where a square crop is quite effective....

IMG_342711.jpg

Wait wait, bitter! I'm expanding my PP knowledge here! I had to try to Fix the bars. This is what I came up with. Is it awful?

IMG_3427a.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back