Website
www.bevelheaven.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SS-1031a.jpg

MV Augusta

SS-1058a.jpg

Ducati

Both shots taken at Laguna Seca during AMA Superbike qualifying in 2007. On the Ducati is Larry Pegram who will again be the chosen DUCATI supported racer in the AMA Superbike Series for 2008. The top shot is one of the 2 Fast By Ferracci / MV Agusta racers....... Since his race number is obscured I can;t name him, sorry.

For those of you who shoot stationary objects - try shooting fast moving objects like a race bike, and try to get the bike SHARP while maintaining some sense of speed.......

It is EASY to take a sharp shot at a fast shudder speed and freeze the action - the difficulty is when you go for wheels blurred, background blurred, object sharp..... slow shudder speed does this.

Try it sometime - you don;t need a racetrack, just go shoot passing cars or bicycles or moto bikes etc in your neck of the woods. You will gain a whole new appreciation for race shots done right.

Thank you. What I left out was this.......

This type of shot is the most difficult to do right in my opinion. I am trying hard to improve in this area specifically. I look at other professional 'tog's work either on their individual website's or in the magazine's I try to figure out what they did to make it RIGHT so that I can learn. I look at photos and some jump off the page [or monitor] as being RIGHT while other shots are so-so or do nothing for me. WHen I am shooting at the track, I talk to the other 'togs in media-land and ask them questions about what they are doing, why, how etc.

This is how I learn.

Anyways, my inital post kinda sounds like HEY LOOK AT MY EXCELLENT PHOTOS but what I MEANT to say was more along the lines of - This type of shot is difficult and I am trying to learn and improve... You should try this type of shot sometime - it will give you a whole new perspective on another type of photography.....

Top rider is Luca Scassa on the Fast by Ferracci MV AGUSTA.... He is gonna be riding for Kawasaki in WSBK in 09. Very nice Photos.

I also love taking these kinds of shots, though I don't claim to be any good at them either ;) I always aim, as you show in your 2 pics, to get a pin sharp silhouette to really emphasise the contour of the moving object in contrast to the blurry background. But it is hard, and I am rarely 100% satsified with the end result.

Excellent panning shots!

When you do these shots, what lens are you using and approximately how far away from the subject are you?

Most reactions

Back