SwissJ
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2010
- Messages
- 243
- Reaction score
- 1
- Location
- Brooklyn, NY
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
just to invite criticism, that's all :mrgreen:The light's too bright... a lamp shade (or a different one) maybe would have helped?
Good job lining up with the door. I also like the way the knob really stands out
I feel like the image should tell a story but I'm not really getting one, maybe a bit too shallow for that.
EDIT: Why ask for a beatdown? :scratch:
I may have confused us both. Would you say then that the main subject is the door knob or the room interior?I'm just not sure why you took this photo, and more specifically why you focused on the door handle rather than inside the room since the handle/door is only about 15% of the entire shot.
Not to mention the exposure is set for the bed, not the handle which is underexposed while the light inside the room is way overexposed and distracting.
Great comment. But what if the focus is on the act of spying itself... or having to go/look through something to get to whatever's being spied on. Also, when you say focus, do you mean focus as in main subject or photo clarity... or are they one in the same?If you're spying THROUGH something, the focus should be on what you're spying ON, not spying THROUGH.
Curiously, why do you like that the knob stands out?
I may have confused us both. Would you say then that the main subject is the door knob or the room interior?
Great comment. But what if the focus is on the act of spying itself... or having to go/look through something to get to whatever's being spied on. Also, when you say focus, do you mean focus as in main subject or photo clarity... or are they one in the same?
Like FattyMcJ mentioned the whole 'spy' feeling, but I feel that more with the knob in focus - like someone's going to grab it and slam the door shut on your face. Like he also said, if the door were closed more it would be more appropriate to that theme.
He gave you a much better critique than I did though, kind of makes me want to shut my mouth and lurk more![]()