It's alive !!! ... well almost.

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got inspired yesterday, after reading some posts in the Film Photography section, to set up my enlarger.
I got this item as a "gift" from taken from the remnants of Silvano Color Lab ... the Durst Laborator 138 S. This floor standing enlarger is 7 ft tall and can handle up to 5x7 negatives.
Apparently this was one of Silvano's Sr. early enlargers. It has been sitting in storage since 2012 (when Silvano's closed) and in many pieces.
I started yesterday ... I could have got it done earlier but I could not figure out how to attach the bellows.

It is mostly complete ... there are some items missing like the red filter, and the film masks (or a new holder with the masks).
I need to get some more Lapla lens bed plates for the Tripla (three lense turret), different condensers (I only have two Latica 240 for 5x7).
I will have to figure out the lamp ... I got three 500W bulbs for it, but I really don't want to add a cooling fan ... maybe I will try to figure out if I can build a custom LED light source for it ... or get some lower wattage bulbs though enlarger bulbs are not cheap.

... hmm, now I need to build a "dark" room to put it in.

Anyway ... this is what it looks like when assembled:

DSC00193.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a floor model enlarger. Interesting. It looks like a drill press with an enlarger head...Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Yep... that's a big ol' beast! Get busy with that darkroom; something like that is too good to only be a floor ornament!

Yeah, it will one day be used for printing again (assuming the parts are still available). Would be nice to get back into large format ... nothing better an a neg larger than most 35mm cameras.

Welcome to The Dark Side.
sw017.gif

Hey I want to buy a tele photo lens or a lens with which I can click best picture of ants or wild life at long distance.o do have nikon d3300. Any help wud b appreciated

My first enlarger was a Durst, but it was a mosquito next to the this monster. Definitely worth making a darkroom for that thing.

I bought a house, just to have room for this giant !!

... and I think my house needs to be bigger after I assembled the Laborator.

The house built around an enlarger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back