It's all about texture

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The snow in the foreground of this scene reminded me of the inside walls of the old style freezers. These are the Williams Fork Mountains near Kremmling, Colorado.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
Exposure Bias minus .7
Tripod
f/5
8mm

WFM800X600.jpg

Didn't you post the "blue river" shortly ago?

The texture in this shot is awesome. The blue capture you get is fantastic. It really conveys the cold feeling.

Beautiful. The inevitable Hoar frost is always exciting. The only problem is the pesky "bald sky", but that may be just nit picking. That is cool that your camera goes down to 100 ISO.

Unlike craig, I personally am very happy about the "bald sky" - the blue is outstanding! And with all the snow patches on the mountain, more white flecks in the sky would have been distracting, I think. Plus there is only little sky to be seen, anyway (which is good, no doubt!).

The snow in the foreground is just gorgeous! As you say: like in the old freezers. Very, very nice. You were blessed with a brilliant day, so you took a brilliant photo! :)

Like Lepospondyl, I instantly saw your "signature" in this one as being the same as the Blue River photo.
Breathtaking!

You're gonna kill me for this. The foreground hold the most interest with the texture. The background has that imposing nature with the mountains. However, the middle-ground (is that right?) lacks something. Lacks interest. I can't quite put my finder on it but it's missing something for me.

tmpadmin said:
You're gonna kill me for this. The foreground hold the most interest with the texture. The background has that imposing nature with the mountains. However, the middle-ground (is that right?) lacks something. Lacks interest. I can't quite put my finder on it but it's missing something for me.

i agree. unusal looking snow. great clarity!

The snow texture is great. I can almost feel it in my fingers.

BTW, I really like the 'bald' blue sky. I have been searching for that sky for a long time and haven't had the luck to find it.

Great work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back