It's all in the cards, girls!

cfusionpm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
img6558edit.jpg

Wow! Those cards are real? The two in front? Wow..

This is pretty great

Nope. I tried a couple shots and couldn't quite get the results I wanted. This one was the best of the ones that came out, and I photoshopped in a set of cards. Below is the only good catch of card motion, but the lighting decided it didn't want to fire. =/

img6557l.jpg

I think I pulled off the effect pretty good in PS though, and I'm very satisfied with the final image. :) Plus, Aly and Ashley (the two on the outside) have better facial expressions in the PS'd one, IMO.

That's pretty impressive editing. Thanks for sharing these.

Yeah, the hardest part wasn't so much the blur, but trying to mimic the lighting and texture compared to the real cards. It's still not perfect, but I think it's successful as an image.

Very good imagery. Good models too!

Very nice! Even with the PP. Love it.

Hi,

The image is pretty good. To our left, the model's face is very blown, I'm not sure if the position of the lamp meant a lot of the light was just dumped onto her but certainly her forehead and cheek are too bright for me. I think I'd loose the green cloth as well, without it covering across the entire frame is looks cheap and almost like an afterthought.

Steve

sweet shots!

Hi,

The image is pretty good. To our left, the model's face is very blown, I'm not sure if the position of the lamp meant a lot of the light was just dumped onto her but certainly her forehead and cheek are too bright for me. I think I'd loose the green cloth as well, without it covering across the entire frame is looks cheap and almost like an afterthought.

Steve
The whole concept was a basic afterthought. I was at a meetup/shoot and I got the idea near the end of the day to shoot some of them with the poker chips and felt I had in my car. I never really use the felt (my friend has a nice 10-position folding table) and this was pretty much what I could get given the small size of the felt, lack of other materials, and lack of any usable table.

I agree with the blown out cheek and forehead. It could be that my monitor is a tad too bright, it looked fine for the most part, but my downstairs desk seems to have a much darker monitor and it's very obvious the highs are blown out there. Oh well. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back