It's been a LONG weekend.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Friday afternoon and evening brought more storms our way and this time they got WAY too close to us. I did have my camera and took a few pictures of the storm and aftermath. We are all safe and our power was restored after about 17-18 hours. Here is a weak attempt at photojournalism.

1. This was the start of the tornadic activity that went pretty much right over the top of us.

May 31 tornado-17 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2. These are the results of the storm.

May 31 tornado-26 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3. Another area.

May 31 tornado-31 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4. What's left of a power line.

May 31 tornado-35 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Glad you're all safe, and the worst was just a power outage! One look at that sky in the first image and I'd be diving for cover. :pale: I lived through one tornado where a house 5 doors down from ours was demolished while a tornado bounced through our subdivision...that was wayyy too close for comfort! The whole subdivision was littered with debris...I'd like to think that's the closest I'll ever be to one.

Stay safe! :hug::

I think it is time for a move Ron. :)

That's one dark sky. Glad you're OK, probably going to take some time to get those power lines back up, we had hurricane force winds get clear into the midwest once and there were so many lines down, it made for a long week of peanut butter! Hang in there while it all gets restored.

Glad you're all safe, and the worst was just a power outage! One look at that sky in the first image and I'd be diving for cover. :pale: I lived through one tornado where a house 5 doors down from ours was demolished while a tornado bounced through our subdivision...that was wayyy too close for comfort! The whole subdivision was littered with debris...I'd like to think that's the closest I'll ever be to one.

Stay safe! :hug::

That's as close as I have ever been. We were at the church's safe room so it was comforting to have that. The rain wrapped stuff that came in behind this cloud was more scary than this one.

That's one dark sky. Glad you're OK, probably going to take some time to get those power lines back up, we had hurricane force winds get clear into the midwest once and there were so many lines down, it made for a long week of peanut butter! Hang in there while it all gets restored.

Actually the power is back up in a lot of the area around us. The OG&E guys worked their butts off to get it restored. Those guys are heroes that do not get enough credit for how hard they work and what the are able to do.

Believe it or not tornado warning here in Maine!

This front just passed by north of me.

$image-2947788453.jpg

Duck runnah. That one looks mean.

Missed us, just to the north. Crazy year so far.

Glad to hear it missed you. I think we are coming out of the drought that we've been in. River is too full to drive my Jeep in. So I guess that I'll get better at portraits, since I have time to practice.

Glad everyone's safe! We had some of those dark, ominous clouds earlier today and some torrential downpours, but none of the really bad stuff--tornadoes, hail and all that.

I lived through that a couple of years ago, with a small, little EF 1 tornado and tennis-ball size hail. Busted every storm window out of my house, but fortunately none of the secondary windows. Roof damage, etc. Destroyed the windshield of my car (which would have been in the garage if I'd been home, but instead was in the church parking lot--still, I'm sure glad I wasn't at home alone, listening to all those windows break!), totalled my son's car,...it was nasty, and I can't imagine ever having to deal with a bigger one than that!
I used to LOVE thunderstorms, but ever since then, every time severe weather hits here, I get a strange little nervous "tic." :lol:

Glad everyone's safe! We had some of those dark, ominous clouds earlier today and some torrential downpours, but none of the really bad stuff--tornadoes, hail and all that.

I lived through that a couple of years ago, with a small, little EF 1 tornado and tennis-ball size hail. Busted every storm window out of my house, but fortunately none of the secondary windows. Roof damage, etc. Destroyed the windshield of my car (which would have been in the garage if I'd been home, but instead was in the church parking lot--still, I'm sure glad I wasn't at home alone, listening to all those windows break!), totalled my son's car,...it was nasty, and I can't imagine ever having to deal with a bigger one than that!
I used to LOVE thunderstorms, but ever since then, every time severe weather hits here, I get a strange little nervous "tic." :lol:

I can respect your "tic". I've grown up here with them that I think we get numb to the severity of them, which can be deadly. Respect them and learn is what I think you need to do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back