It's been a while... Time to post one for C&C Moon Shot.

johnh2005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a moon shot I got tonight. I know there is not much C&C to give on these but it is about the only pic I have been excited about the last couple of weeks.

cl9Fi.jpg

Fire away!

Whoa that's cool as ****! The half moon was huge and yellow where I am tonight but it was obscured by the clouds before I could do anything with it, good work!

Thanks it looked quite yellow to me tonight as well. I went out and shot a few. Then I came in and uploaded them. I had forgotten to turn my camera back to RAW+L since I had it set to L today just messing around while at work. So the first set I could not do much with. The second set I got a few that were not blurry and this was one of the best exposed (Even though I did several bracketed exposures). When I converted the RAW in CS5 I got this after a little more work in PP. I changed the WB to Tungsten or Fluorescent. I think it was Fluorescent.

What kind of equipment and settings The pic is great

It was a Canon T3i. With the Canon 55-250 set to 250 MM. Manual mode. Tv 1/40. Av 8.0 ISO 100. Mounted on a cheap arse tripod and used a 2 second delay three bracketed exposure -1 0 +1 but this is not an HDR. I will see about getting an exif data extractor and post it that way. Anyone know of a good one?

As much as people do moon shots, I always love them. It's such an intriguing subject to me. :thumbup:

I want to do one , I have a D3100 , 55-200 mm lense and tripod , I can not bracket , But i am going to try a moon pic as soon as i can

Don't know if you applied sharpening, but the lit side of the moon, where it adjoins the black sky seems to have haloing. That takes a little away from the shot. Otherwise, a nice capture.

Don't know if you applied sharpening, but the lit side of the moon, where it adjoins the black sky seems to have haloing. That takes a little away from the shot. Otherwise, a nice capture.

Yeah, I did apply sharpening. I did not even notice the halo. A LOT of the shots SOOC had that halo effect. I think part of it was the camera shake from the wind and the shutter actuation on the cheap tripod. Something to look for in the future. Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back