It's been a while

binga63

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, it's been a while, I had DBS surgery at xmas and happily it helped me enormously but I had sold most of my gear had no camera....last week I lashed out and bought a fuji X-h1...why? because it is lighter than a dslr and the IBIS is a godsend for someone with parkinson's the pics shhow the fun the docs had with my head and the other pic is the first that I have taken on the x-h1 ....handheld 1/4 sec using an adapted helios 44-2 lens...it is not perfect but I'm happy :)

78787385_10157838986054591_7950537596554182656_n.jpg 80214919_10157880532204591_72857548876677120_n.jpg _DSF0006.jpg

Glad to see you back and on the road to higher quality of life.

The XH1 is a great camera and perfect for shakey hands. I had one for a short period of time. I bought it when it was like a ridiculous $999.00 new. Sat in the box for a month, got it out and looked at it for a month, then finally used it for a botanical session. I sold it a month ago for $1200. I kind of regret it, it had great ergonomics for people with big hands. Now my XT2 and GFX50R don't feel right in my hands. I've considered selling the others and get one back.

I need to scale the gear back. I know the direction I want to go with photography (only took 6 years and a ton of failure). I'm at a point now where I need one digital camera and 3 lenses. 1 film camera and 3 lenses. Nothing more other than lighting stuff.

I scaled back hahaha but find myself looking at more and more things....lenses, flashes etc...but I will be travelling lighter than before

Welcome back. Glad to hear things are going well.

Great to hear you are recovering, and the X-H1 is an excellent tool .... feels good in the hands and a tough build, but not too heavy.

Glad to see you back! What is DBS surgery?

Hope you're feeling better these days. I always thought you had a well-developed photographic style/vision.

Glad to see you back! What is DBS surgery?

Hope you're feeling better these days. I always thought you had a well-developed photographic style/vision.
thanks Derrel, DBS is Deep Brain Stimulation...basically the doctors drill 2 holes in my skull, inserted 2 wires which are then connected to a battery which is located just above my heart, each wire is set to a different voltage, they have reduced my shaking and helped me walk again

Glad to hear your on the road to being a lot better, also happy that you bought a new camera.

Hi, it's been a while, I had DBS surgery at xmas and happily it helped me enormously but I had sold most of my gear had no camera....last week I lashed out and bought a fuji X-h1...why? because it is lighter than a dslr and the IBIS is a godsend for someone with parkinson's the pics shhow the fun the docs had with my head and the other pic is the first that I have taken on the x-h1 ....handheld 1/4 sec using an adapted helios 44-2 lens...it is not perfect but I'm happy :)

View attachment 194884 View attachment 194885 View attachment 194886
Welcome back!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back