It's been awhile....

I always enjoy seeing your work.

Very nice....

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

invisible...thanks, I'm going to leave it as is.

Stunning as always. The only c/c I could offer is "please would you conduct a class and show us how you do this?"

I'll second that. I have tried various methods to see if I could replicate the technique (of course, I could not, would not, replicate the artistry :sexywink: ). I've moved the camera, with and without flash. I've moved the flower with and without flash. I've panned while moving, with and without flash. I did not, alas, find the pot of pixie dust Mishele obviously uses to get these shots. I'm sure that if Mishele will ever reveal her secret, I (and I suspect a few others) will slap our head and say, "of course! So obvious! Why didn't I think of it?!".

As for the image... gorgeous as always. However, wonder if it can be applied to people? Hummm?

Wow.. Really nice. Is this an unedited shot? If so you may tell us how to do magic like this

judging by the posted comments, im assuming that it was not done in post? i like it :)

Stunning as always. The only c/c I could offer is "please would you conduct a class and show us how you do this?"

I'll second that. I have tried various methods to see if I could replicate the technique (of course, I could not, would not, replicate the artistry :sexywink: ). I've moved the camera, with and without flash. I've moved the flower with and without flash. I've panned while moving, with and without flash. I did not, alas, find the pot of pixie dust Mishele obviously uses to get these shots. I'm sure that if Mishele will ever reveal her secret, I (and I suspect a few others) will slap our head and say, "of course! So obvious! Why didn't I think of it?!".

As for the image... gorgeous as always. However, wonder if it can be applied to people? Hummm?
Ahhh, you poor thing! You tried all that stuff and you're not even close...lol :hug:: I do like the pixie dust idea!! I hope you enjoyed your present.:sexywink:

Wow.. Really nice. Is this an unedited shot? If so you may tell us how to do magic like this
judging by the posted comments, im assuming that it was not done in post? i like it :)
This shot has been edited. I mostly work on the colors, cropping, and sharpening. The blur is straight out of the camera.

Thanks everyone for the comments!!

Last edited:
beautiful! i might pop the colors out a bit more in post to give the image a little more "oomph", but other than that, it's very well done. very refreshing to see an interesting photo of an otherwise well overused subject.

Looks to me like you motion blur by rotating the camera around the point of focus. It creates a nice painterly effect!

It's a pain in the butt to do, too.

ETA: Further experiments suggest that it's easier to put the subject on a turntable, and the camera on a tripod.

Attachments

• $Blurry-Small.JPG
    $Blurry-Small.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
beautiful! i might pop the colors out a bit more in post to give the image a little more "oomph", but other than that, it's very well done. very refreshing to see an interesting photo of an otherwise well overused subject.
The colors are already pushed kinda hard. =) Thanks for taking the time to comment!!

Looks to me like you motion blur by rotating the camera around the point of focus. It creates a nice painterly effect!

It's a pain in the butt to do, too.

ETA: Further experiments suggest that it's easier to put the subject on a turntable, and the camera on a tripod.
Nope, not how I'm doing it. :p

After reviewing some of your EXIF data, definitely not even close to what I thought you did. Ahhhh the mystery continues!

Most reactions

Back