It's been knocked around.....

benpsut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
....and knocked around. Seeing that it's really hot and humid, there is HAZE. For people like me, who work night shifts and can't shoot during the evening hours and are too tired to get up really early, putting that UV/Haze filter that ritz or wolf or whoever said is a great investment, really work? I love my CP, but to me sometimes makes things too rich. Of course I can do adjustments to the default settings in camera and in photoshop. To see things as they really are I don't want to use my CP, but want to cut back on haze. So, I put the UV/Haze filter on, and after snapping a few shots (don't have any at the current moment) it just doesn't seem to be working. So, my question is, is the UV/Haze JUST as we all say a protection for your glass or does it really work, comments and opinions welcome, as I'm at wits ends to keep the CP on or keep my Haze on. Or just leave them both off until I need one or the other

Ben

My understanding is that UV/Haze filters don't do much if anything, beyond protecting your front element, with dgital.

With film they certainly do enhance your image(s).

Gary

I dont use haze filters but I do have a couple laying around. I love my CP though, I can adjust the intensity as I see fit. To protect my glass I have the Nikon Clear glass filters for lack of a better word.

UV filters are a hold-over from film days. Film suffered from UV hazing, and the filters did block it out. Modern DSLRs have UV filters built in, so the one on the end of your lens really is just a protection item. Like Joves, I've moved to optically clear glass "fliters" rather than the more traditional UV.

Thanks for the input guys, just wondering outside of post processing how to get the haze down. But then you have high sun and harsh lighting to deal with too, the camera doesn't go away in conditions like the ones in the hazy days of a summer afternoon....it just doesnt work as hard as it does before the sun comes up and goes away ;-)

thanks again

ben

Most reactions

New Topics

Back