It's Better to Travel

Fred von den Berg

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's better to travel 2 - 1.jpg

It's Better to Travel...if you can travel like that!

Nice shot.

By the way, is that a vintage Mercedes?

beautiful, rich black tones! you've created a fantastic photo.

By the way, is that a vintage Mercedes?

Yes it is, but I couldn't say what model.

beautiful, rich black tones! you've created a fantastic photo.

Thanks, Black Pepper, that's very kind. Actually this is a bit of a lucky (almost) missed shot. My wife and I were out walking the dog as this beautiful old car came along the road. I went to pull my camera out of my pocket but fumbled a bit and by the time I got the lens cap off, the car was already on me. Switching on, the camera (Sigma DP!s) is not the fastest and so I ended up panning to follow the car until it was ready to take a shot and then I forced the exposure by pressing the shutter release all the way through without waiting to hear the usual little hum it makes that tells me the auto focus has fixed on something. And hey presto!

Nice one..........

Thanks, Jeff.

Thanks, Black Pepper, that's very kind. Actually this is a bit of a lucky (almost) missed shot. My wife and I were out walking the dog as this beautiful old car came along the road. I went to pull my camera out of my pocket but fumbled a bit and by the time I got the lens cap off, the car was already on me. Switching on, the camera (Sigma DP!s) is not the fastest and so I ended up panning to follow the car until it was ready to take a shot and then I forced the exposure by pressing the shutter release all the way through without waiting to hear the usual little hum it makes that tells me the auto focus has fixed on something. And hey presto!

sometimes those impromptu "snapshots" make the best photos. capturing real emotion and light rather than focusing on the technical stuff.

Most reactions

Back