It's clear

Everyone loves a tragedy - even if it is of the person's own making.

Just cooked duck a la Hertz. It's very similar to duck a l'orange except you forget all about the orange until someone points out the lack of it to you!

I got everything cooked for me today.

Mmmm, steamed Christmas pudding with million-calorie-a-bite cream sauce is a tradition at the homestead. Yum. And I'll take turkey with all the trimmings over game-y duck any day! Will be sitting down for dinner shortly (I'm hiding for a few minutes, having reached an internal core temp of 100 working in the hot kitchen for the past hour).

god you lot are spoilt! whats wrong with cheese on toast eh??

chesey chips on toast? sounds like a plan

See who was a good girl listening to the war stories of her f-i-l yesterday?? Not coming to TPF for some relief, even? (I am such a heroine, really!!! :biggrin: )

(So this morning I must do A LOT OF catching up ... and why not. I've been the only one up for the past hour and a half, anyway and still am ...)

For goodness sake, it's Christmas...

Please explain why that 'fact' is supposed to make everyone act completely differently to how we do the rest of the year, get drunk on bizarre and revolting alcoholic concoctions that we wouldn't use to clean the toilet at any other time and stuff ourselves stupid with exotic and unusual foods that only come onto the menu for one day a year.
In terms of stupid excuses for even stupider behaviour, that one wins by a mile.
You may as well say 'for goodness' sake, it's Tuesday'. :grumpy:

cheese on toast?
PFFTT. I had Christmas dinner twice on Christmas.
Two turkeys, a ham, two thingers of mashed potatoes, two tables of dessert, two families, two everything basically.

The joys of having family and a girlfriend with a family...lol.

chhese on toast is very special, with the right cheese.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back