It's Not Often that I get in Front of the Camera ;)

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But when I do, it's when I'm doing science and I need an updated picture of me doing science things!

I spent much of yesterday morning and afternoon at school, spawning American Sandlance (Ammodytes dubius), and ultimately helping my fellow grad student set up an acidification experiment with these fish. I don't often get pictures of myself working in the lab, but we had a few minutes of downtime so I propped my camera up on a box and grabbed a few. Here I'm counting eggs on a 500micron mesh screen--we needed 100 eggs per replicate, and each one had to be counted with the scopes.

_RSP1743-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Best,
Jake

Hey that don't look like any OMD micro four thirds.

You are so in that microscope( if you know what I mean).Nice image by the way, I'm not a fan of black and white pictures but this one really impressed me.

'Hey bubba, did you count 100 eggs? Ye me too, let's go for a beer'
JUST kidding!!
Agree, nice sharp image and perfect in b/w format.

Looks very clear and sharp. What kind of watch are you wearing?

It's a knock off Wenger. Got the face for like $70, and the strap is handmade Horween leather made by Bexar Goods. It's nothing fancy, but I beat the hell out of it with salt water at work, and it's been going strong for a long time.

Best,
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are so in that microscope( if you know what I mean).Nice image by the way, I'm not a fan of black and white pictures but this one really impressed me.

Thanks for the kind words! I really did a lot of selective adjustments on this image after I converted it. The room we were in has atrocious lighting, so most times I prefer to convert to B&W.

Best,
Jake

Hey that don't look like any OMD micro four thirds.

I'm not sure I follow.... What do you mean?

Sorry,I assumed everyone new Olympus makes Camera In a mirrorless micro 4/3.I see your on a Olympus Instrument and it don't look like anything I know of Olympus like the OMD series.

Sorry,I assumed everyone new Olympus makes Camera In a mirrorless micro 4/3.I see your on a Olympus Instrument and it don't look like anything I know of Olympus like the OMD series.

Oh oh I see what you mean. I thought you were referring to the camera I TOOK the photo with.

Yeah, Olympus makes a lot of scientific microscope gear. We have some Nikon microscope equip in our dry lab as well.

Best,
Jake

Most reactions

Back