It's Only Money

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got the bill to end all bills sent to me by courier today for services rendered. The total came to just over $500,000 with tax included.

Mmm, too bad, my printer can't print money. :lol::lol::lol:

skieur

Phew!
So I take it you've decided to start home printing then ;) :)
did that bill come with or without the inks?!

Phew!
So I take it you've decided to start home printing then ;) :)
did that bill come with or without the inks?!

You know it makes one reconsider a top quality printer and the "right quality of paper". :lol:;)

I don't think VISA or Mastercard handle that kind of charge, unless you had the black ones.

skieur

services rendered??!!

The total came to just over $500,000 with tax included.
Thud.gif

Ever seen "To Live and Die in L.A."?

Apparently it's not too hard...

:lmao:

Since you work for the government I can't help and think this is tax money going up in smoke. Probably for about 2 and 1/2 hours of your incredibly valuable time :lmao:

services rendered??!!

Yes, lawyer's fees, which by the way were well earned, so I am not complaining, but I have to admit that before this, I never realized the cost of "justice".

skieur

Since you work for the government I can't help and think this is tax money going up in smoke. Probably for about 2 and 1/2 hours of your incredibly valuable time :lmao:

You're out to lunch, cloudwalker. :lol::lol: How could I possibly get billed for my own time?! :lol::lol:

skieur

By the way, in Canada we have the Freedom Of Information Act, which is supposed to provide easy access to information for individuals. Well, it does not work very well, if your lawyer has to go to court to get information and of course it is far from free.

The cost of information came to another $250,000 approximately overall.

I was aware that legal affairs were costly, but I guess I did not realize how costly. :D I think that I should have become a lawyer.

skieur

holy jeebus! You're going to be paying that off for the rest of your life!

Then there were "disbursements"....an interesting accounting term. This included examples such as $20,000 for photo-copying and an average of $6,000 each for professional opinions in written form, and fees for what many would think should be free. Total was around another $250,000.
So, total expenditures were probably around $1 mil.

skieur

Lawyers are just mad because they have no souls, hence the extra charges

If anyone here is a lawyer...I mean no offense, just reporting the facts :D

But in all seriousness, that doesn't sound fun at all...I sure hope this lawsuit or legal matter, whatever it was, was seriously worth it, and that you won.

Lawyers are just mad because they have no souls, hence the extra charges

If anyone here is a lawyer...I mean no offense, just reporting the facts :D

But in all seriousness, that doesn't sound fun at all...I sure hope this lawsuit or legal matter, whatever it was, was seriously worth it, and that you won.

Yes, thanks. It was seriously worth it and I did win.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back