It's Only Money

How are you going to pay that all back?

Good luck man

If I lost, it would have been a major problem, but since I won......

skieur

I got the bill to end all bills sent to me by courier today for services rendered. The total came to just over $500,000 with tax included.

Mmm, too bad, my printer can't print money. :lol::lol::lol:

skieur

You make this sound like this is a personal bill. I don't believe so. I think it is a part of you government job spending tax money. And most of us here know how easily the government spends that money :grumpy:

Since you work for the government I can't help and think this is tax money going up in smoke. Probably for about 2 and 1/2 hours of your incredibly valuable time :lmao:

You're out to lunch, cloudwalker. :lol::lol: How could I possibly get billed for my own time?! :lol::lol:

skieur

You are correct in calling me on my bad english but it doesn't change the fact that we are most probably not talking about your money :D

Lawyers are just mad because they have no souls, hence the extra charges

If anyone here is a lawyer...I mean no offense, just reporting the facts :D

But in all seriousness, that doesn't sound fun at all...I sure hope this lawsuit or legal matter, whatever it was, was seriously worth it, and that you won.

Yes, thanks. It was seriously worth it and I did win.

skieur

Would you like to share exactly what it is you won? When the government says it won it usually means they only spend a few millions of our tax dollars defending the most stupid thing. I would love to get some details from someone right in the thick of it.

skieur

Major problem? Who for? Again, give us some details. And please don't tell us you can't because it is government business you can't discuss here.

You are way off base by miles. I don't work for the government. I have in the past done projects and part time work for institutions that are funded by the government, but also for public companies, publishers, newspapers, a municipal politican, and advertising for small businessmen and private entrepreneurs and even for individuals.

By the way, I have no idea why you think any government would cover the cost of my private legal affairs, unless you think I am some member of cabinet, or whatever. :lol: I wish!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

skieur

skieur

oh, so you're covered?

Yes, to overly simplify things, expenditures are "covered" by the loser. It is not quite that simple since without the expenditures the winner would get the money and of course liability is often covered by insurance companies rather than businesses or individuals.

skieur

I don't work for the government.

Ok, but make up your mind so that we know what to think of your weird posts. I remember a post not so long ago in which you claimed to work for the government...

No, you don't. You reached that conclusion from something I said, but as you have admitted, your language skills are not up-to-par, so perhaps you should read more carefully and more slowly.

skieur

I think what he's saying is that you made this thread bragging about a half million dollar bill you got, but it looks like you don't actually have to pay it.

What information did you request that was so costly?

I knew that "Freedom of Information" doesn't mean it's free, but I have to wonder what information you gained that cost you (or someone else) $500k.

If you had no intention of telling us, why make a thread about it?

edit
And, if you are not allowed to tell us what information it was, for whatever reason - then I would assume that you are also not allowed to talk about it on the internet, so you should have never made this thread to begin with...

Either (1) you can tell us, but like teasing us, or (2) you can't tell us and likely violated some law or agreement by starting this thread.

To me, it sounds like #2, but hopefully, for your sake, it's #1.

(Not that you've said anything incriminating yet, but if you're not supposed to talk about it, I wouldn't. At all.)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back