It's only the 11th!!

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
Well today's the 12th, but this is from yesterday... I was driving home last night and I glanced over and what do I see? A house with a fully decorated Christmas tree in the front window! I was shocked. I know the stores get it all out early these days, but come on people! It's a month and a half away! The house is for sale and I bet they think they'll have a better chance of selling it if its all decorated up for Christmas. :roll:

:puke-rig: It might work, too!

Makes ya wanna say: humbug!! And all the stores are already decorated and blaring Holly Jolly Christmas - as if that will put you in the mood to spend money....

"Tis a poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every 25th of December!" :twisted:

i was working tonight and one person said she was going home to decorate her house for christmas.... WAAAAY too early!!

I seen a house fully decorated last night as well, I dont mind, I love Christmas lights, the music, and the atmosphere of it all. :0)

Yeah, I have a regular customer that comes into my store...he was in about a week ago telling me he saw a house with a fully decorated, lit up tree in the window. Ugh.

There is one guy who lives a few streets away (I pass him every day on the way to work) who starts decorating his house in October. He puts so many lights up and so many decorations it takes him ages. He's still putting them up now. Each year he adds a new "attraction". People drive for miles to come and see it. He puts a bucket outside so people can drop in some money which he then gives to charity.

We don't put ours up until December. But I don't think we'll go to any great effort this year.

I don't put up any at all I'm afraid. I'm a devout atheist and I think celebrating Christmas would be hypocritical of me. Fortunately my kids think the same way. We give presents when we feel like it and just because. You should try and be nice to everyone all year round.

I still give friends Christmas presents though. So maybe some of you could try a hula dance.... Don't even think about doing that here, Ferny!

I just knew you were gonna say something about Christmas, Mindy. I had a little fit when I heard my first christmas commercial of the year. Unfortunate for K, cause I was talking to her on the phone. I'll have nothing to do with it until after Thanksgiving, and even then it's too long of a season.

ferny said:
There is one guy who lives a few streets away (I pass him every day on the way to work) who starts decorating his house in October. He puts so many lights up and so many decorations it takes him ages. He's still putting them up now. Each year he adds a new "attraction". People drive for miles to come and see it. He puts a bucket outside so people can drop in some money which he then gives to charity.

We don't put ours up until December. But I don't think we'll go to any great effort this year.

There use to be a house in Ottawa that did that, the charity money thing, but when he moved he stoped doing it. They had to turn the 2 way street into a 1 way street when they did that to, hehe.

And theres a few houses in town that really goes out for Christmas, but im not sure if its as much as it use to be, the father died a few years ago, the other houses around it was his sons. They would leave up the lights year round but put up the bigger stuff and signs when it was time. Problem was kids would break the bulbs on halloween, one year I think it cost him a couple thousand to get them all fixed.

Actually, I haven't seen christmas decorations yet. Maybe we are a little late :) in comparison to you in this aspect :)

Yeah, I was quite shocked when I went to Target the other day and saw their seasonal section was fully converted to Christmas already. Didn't retailers used to at least wait until after Thanksgiving to start??

Most reactions

Back