It's the little things that make me laugh...

hehe good one mate.

whats funny is that their is shitloads of christian imagery in of alot of Tolkiens work. In fact, it was a christian person who introduced my to the work of the hobbit and lord of the rings! funny that.

Good on ya for not pointing it out to him, don't want to start a religious war and sink to their level, eh?

vonnagy said:
hehe good one mate.

whats funny is that their is shitloads of christian imagery in of alot of Tolkiens work. In fact, it was a christian person who introduced my to the work of the hobbit and lord of the rings! funny that.
Yeah one of the other kids in class was talking to him (religious kid) about it one day--was trying to get the kid to see that tolkien was catholic ("Catholics are christians!" he finally yelled at the religious kid.), that the entire book was filled with religious symbolism and imagery, etc. The religious kid just stubbornly shook his head and said that it wasn't real, so it was satanic. :shrug: :roll:

Good on ya for not pointing it out to him, don't want to start a religious war and sink to their level, eh?

Dad and mom came into parent conferences just before we started the book, trailing umpteen kids behind them, and I could tell dad was just spoiling for a religious argument. He just had this really aggressive set to his jaw and looked like he was ready to go to the mat. Anyway, I just smiled and told them that their kid had been doing fine in class and we'd just let him go to the library during my class while we studied the novel. That kind of deflated him some, then I hit him with the info that his kid's report card would have a permanent notation that for one quarter of his 8th grade year he was not studying state-approved curriculum, and that may very well affect his high school education. Dad got real sheepish and quiet after that, but didn't budge on the study of the book. :roll: :|

then I hit him with the info that his kid's report card would have a permanent notation that for one quarter of his 8th grade year he was not studying state-approved curriculum, and that may very well affect his high school education.

Perfect. Really, there wasn't much better way to handle that situation than a quiet little dose of reality. Good job, Teach!

Ignorant people drive me crazy. I noticed you mentioned they had a lot of children and wanted to share this observation....

Has anyone ever noticed that the ignorant and feeble minded always seem to have large numbers of children while the wise may not even have one. Does this mean that in 50 years the world will be overrun by the imbaciles and feeble minded??

Just a crazy observation, kind of scary if you think of it.

I do believe this family is delusional and is just like the old man in the story. SO many people pray for help and then turn it down. That is so hyppocritical.

Most reactions

Back