I've been away for a while. A few from a recent session

gummibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been pretty busy lately, so haven't been on much, been missing all the photo discussions and the need and want to be challenged to be better than my best. These are just a few from a free session I did for a friend, I hope she'll like them.
C&C welcome and appreciated :)

1. family shot. One of several shots because the girls kept making faces LOL
1710.jpg

2. the girls
628.jpg

3. One of my favorite photos of the girls, is it as good as i think it is? be harsh...
1315.jpg

4. one of the mother
2213.jpg

thanks for looking!

I am not sure if it's the fact that I am viewing these on an iPad or what, but the sharpest part of the images appears to be your watermark... Not meant to be offensive, but on an iPad these appear to be out of focus. Perhaps someone on a nice monitor will disagree with me...

hmmm... I dunno maybe it was the upload or something, they do look less sharp... They are much sharper originally. Any other critique? You can be harsh. I'm tired of everyone telling me I'm awesome...that's not how I'm going to grow,I know I'm not that freaking great. Please tell me what I can do to make them better... You won't hurt my feelings

hmmm... Dang. I dunno...the originals are much sharper, just looking again :/ Thanks for the input!

I am really enjoying the first two!
and in the third, my eyes are being drawn to her leg. one leg looks much brighter than the other.
& looking at the last one makes me feel a little uncomfortable because I feel she is uncomfortable.. maybe because of the angle of the tree she's leaning on? but if that were straightened in post, the background wouldn't be level. only thing I can think to fix is to have found a less angled tree.
it might just be me because it really isn't even angled too much.
cute bunch of photos in general, I'm sure they'll love them

I am really enjoying the first two!
and in the third, my eyes are being drawn to her leg. one leg looks much brighter than the other.
& looking at the last one makes me feel a little uncomfortable because I feel she is uncomfortable.. maybe because of the angle of the tree she's leaning on? but if that were straightened in post, the background wouldn't be level. only thing I can think to fix is to have found a less angled tree.
it might just be me because it really isn't even angled too much.
cute bunch of photos in general, I'm sure they'll love them

What Camerateur said plus I notice in 4 that her head is turned a little too far and is creating lines in her neck. Otherwise, they're darned good photos considering that they were done for free (NOT meant sarcastically :lmao:). Thanks for posting them, some of the rest of us learn from the comments, too. :)

Thanks! Yeah I see where one leg is brighter! See, these things I just wasn't seeing. And I thought maybe the angle of the tree added to it...hmmm. Ok. I did notice the lines in the neck after I got it in pp. Thanks guys! This one was free just cause she's my friend and I was trying to help her out :)

First, if you host at the size you will display, there is no need for the website software to resize and change sharpness. If the hosting site had changed the sharpness, your logo would be blurred also.
Second, show larger pictures; these are too small for anyone to critique completely and meaningfully for color, sharpness, etc. so I can offer only only general statements

#1 - by arranging both girls with their legs out, you end up with an image with large empty spaces in the top L & R corners. THis could be cropped in portrait mode with no loss.
#2 is slanted and essentially a copy of a famous, much more unposed-looking photo. Beyond 'the two little girls walking away' idea, there's nothing more to the picture.
#3 her left leg is way too bright and everything has a bluish tint - left foot looks 'posed'
#4 she is leaning backwards, deadpan expression, her should is pushed forward, looking bulky and her arm, being compressed against her body, is fat - and the lines in her neck are unflattering.

In #4 I would have preferred if you took one nice step to your right so that her shoulders would be at an angle to the camera. This would help get rid of those neck wrinkles. You should bring a step stool with you on your shoots too so you can shot at a downward angle at times.

I like #4 the best but if you stepped to the right, and were on a step stool shooting downward it would have been a real keeper.

Thanks for the critique!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back