I've been reminded why I ditched Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't turn into another MAC/LINUX/WINDOWS Jihad..:lol:

Personally, if the best computer, and operating system, for my needs, was built and marketed by Burger King, then that's what I'd buy. And supersize.

Now if you really want a Jihad, visit Slashdot.org. Microsoft is the anti-christ, MAC, Satan, and Linux the most high.....:lol:

P.S. It is recommended that you always do a clean install with WIN 7.

Oh, and you can spell slowly if you want, I don't read so fast:confused:

J.:mrgreen:

It's always recommended to do a clean install. No matter what OS.

Exactly! Using the upgrade route is always disastrous. I send the files I plan on moving over to a secondary disk and, put them where I want them after the clean install. I personally have not had a single issue with XP and never went to Vista because, it was ME revisited. Actually I ran ME without issue after I tweaked it. And Creative Labs I havent used their trash since ME, simply because they are one of the worst for writing compatible drivers. I may go to 7 when I do a whole new build but, not until then and, being able to build what you want is one of the reasons I have stayed with Windows.

Unless you're going from 10.5 to 10.6. I mean, after all, it's just a patch.

;)

I just bought a Windows 7 machine it has been flawless. Loaded my Office on there...no problem.
Loaded my Spyder calibration....oops, grab a new driver off of Spyder's website....installs and runs great.

Zero issues. SOunds like you need to switch to Nikon Tim.

Ha. Sounds like you need periodic reminders why you made the switch. Incidentally, since you mention the new 27" Macs. If it's not in your budget, DO NOT go see them at the store... It took all the will power I could muster not to leave the store with one when I saw them...

My husband has been begging and pleading for one. I know it's just a matter of time till I cave.

Just made the jump from XP to Win7 and I really like it. I haven't ever had any real problems with windows. I fix a lot of my friends' windows PC's, but I usually find that the problems were "self inflicted" due to user error or lack of common sense

"... all I did was download that 'free' screen saver from the myspace banner ad... now look at what WINDOWS is doing! ..."

Nothing is free, you will eventually pay with money, or guiness in this case...

Not to say there is anything wrong with mac though, maybe my friend would never have had such a problem if they shelled out the cash for a mac in the beginning. I don't really use them much but they do seem to offer more idiot protection. (less "virus market" share?) (p.s. no that isn't me saying you are an idiot if you use one)

PC:MAC, CANON:NIKON, FORD:CHEVY, Conservative:Liberal, and not to even start on religion... Some arguments will never end

...I say it's just a matter of personal needs and preference...

...You know you really just have to go to a store that has both brands, try them out, see which one feels better to you, navigate the commonly used features....

...Well yours may be cheaper to upgrade but the quality of the base components is much better with mine...

sound familiar? :lol:

Sorry, bought a Keurig coffee maker for the break room and we just HAD to try out ALL the samples today, so I might ramble even more than I usually do... oh and by the way, it's MUCH better than the Senseo I used to have, SOOOO glad I made the switch!

Just made a note for myself: "when bored, go on a forum and post a thread on either PC or Mac being way better than the other. than sit back and enjoy."

I have been using Windows 7 since RC1, heck still using it. I have no had no problems at all. One of these days i'll go ahead and install my windows 7 pro I have, but not sure when.

Also i was able to get Creative Live Webcam I have to work, but it was a HUGE pain in the rear end. I have hated creative since vista came out because they are to lazy to write new drivers.

Hate to break the news, but "Snow Leopard" was a service pack under the guise of an operating system. Mac doesn't think anyone knows that so, shhhhhh!

Fail to see what does this statement have anything to do with mine.... :er:

In fact the major number of their release hasn't even changed. TEN.5 is the same OS as TEN.6. Duh..

My point: Passing off the discontinued support for the PowerPC processor as the same cycle of Planned obsolescence MS Windows employs is pure B.S. The PowerPC is a very different architecture (RISC) than the intel chip... no one can expect Apple to continued support of both moving forward. I have to give Apple props for even providing parallel support for both processors for even Leopard, 10.5. They could have easily left the PowerPC crowd behind at 10.4... they didn't.

Last edited:
I just bought a Windows 7 machine it has been flawless.

The key difference is that you "just bought" a windows 7 machine. OP was bringing out mothballed hardware that is totally still capable and running into problems. This is the key difference...

Windows releases are designed to drive hardware sales.

installed windows 7 on three machines with no problems at all in the past month.
2 were from win741.com....$30 if you have a .edu email address.

Windows 7 is the best yet. It has yet to give me a problem. Its driver database rocks!

I went from 10.3 to 10.4 to 10.5 without any problems at all. I later acquired a couple G5 workstations of very different configurations; early dual CPU G5 2001 vintage and the last generation dual core G5 2005ish. I didn't feel like installing from scratch so I simply made a couple clones the 10.5 disk from my Powerbook G4. (again a different CPU G4 versus G5). No recovery disk was needed to deal with unlike hardware snaffu. The only fresh install I've done was a hackintosh install which was required because of the Intel CPU.

btw.. yes I have a 5 license pack of 10.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back