What's new

Jack, Neat-- A "Recreation" or "Improvement Upon"

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot the first image below many many moons ago, two flashes, nothing fancy. Tonight, I was bored and decided to recreate it, or improve it. I think I made quite an improvement, and am pleased with the results. I wanted to show how I've grown both as a photographer, and an artist. I like to think I have--do you agree?



Many Many Moons Ago (August 15th, 2011):
Untitled by f_one_eight, on Flickr





Tonights (August 22nd, 2014):
Jack, Neat by f_one_eight, on Flickr



Whoah. I just realized these were taken 3 years apart, almost to the day. And I didn't check the originals date... how weird is that!

Cheers!
Jake
 
Very nice improvement! Looks great. I like the addition of alcohol. :mrgreen:
 
Very nice improvement! Looks great. I like the addition of alcohol. :mrgreen:

It comes with age, I guess. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Nicely done, definitely an improvement!
 
Bump for the morning crowd.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The first one was taken with a mindset of a glass, well, fully empty
you've grown, now your glass is half full (which is better than half empty)
:thumbup:

:mrgreen:
 
You can definitely tell your learning. I like how you added a 'floor background' rather than just black. Just that adds much more depth and character to the photo. And like waday pointed out with the alcohol. It finished it, completes the picture.

Also I think you chose a better angle this time too. Getting a tad bit higher allowed for the glass to show the top circle rather than look flat. Adds a nice 3d feel to it.

Nicely done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The first one was taken with a mindset of a glass, well, fully empty
you've grown, now your glass is half full (which is better than half empty)
:thumbup:

:mrgreen:

Optimism!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You can definitely tell your learning. I like how you added a 'floor background' rather than just black. Just that adds much more depth and character to the photo. And like waday pointed out with the alcohol. It finished it, completes the picture.

Also I think you chose a better angle this time too. Getting a tad bit higher allowed for the glass to show the top circle rather than look flat. Adds a nice 3d feel to it.

Nicely done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started shooting from a low angle and was just not pleased, and I changed the angle and then all of a sudden the image came together. Funny how such a subtle change can make such a big difference.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes, the second photo is much better than the earlier one.
 
Yes, the second photo is much better than the earlier one.

Any ways of improving the second? I still have much to learn, so it's definitely not perfect.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom