I Visited NYC for Two Days... Here's What I Shot!! :)

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Miniature; that's how I felt in the city. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday of this week in NYC with my Uncle Todd. We walked a lot, ate like kings, drank a bit, saw a lot, and had an awesome visit. I don't get to the city often, so it as nice to be able to go with someone who knows so much about every little part. Here's a collection of my favorites from my visit. There's soo many things I didn't shoot, but I did my best!

"Miniature" | An edit, of course. The original was cleaned up and all other buildings removed. Then mirrored and cleaned in PS, then I added the plane from another image. Kinda fun, yeah?
Untitled-1 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

"Squared" | This is the view I saw around every corner--I really liked the tones on the final image.
_RSP9958 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

"Autumns Presence" | There wasn't much "fall/autumn" presence in the city, but I did find some!
_RSP9858 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

"Reflecting Reflections" | Wow. The reflecting pools are incredible, something I wish everyone could see and experience.
_RSP9720 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

"Burst of Light" | We used the water taxi to get around on Tuesday, and the sun peeked out at the perfect time. Thought it had an ethereal type look to it.. whatcha think?
_RSP9656 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

"Subdued Morning" | Tuesday morning began grey, and I sat on the roof and sipped my coffee with this as my view. It didn't pour until after we got out of the play.. and boy did I get soaked!
_RSP0095-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Oh yeah! I also got to visit B&H!!! We were in a hotel on the same block, and I spent a little over an hour in there on wednesday morning. What a store!

Cheers!
Jake

Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated! I know there's a lot of images, so feel free to critique only one if you'd like. I'm not much of an urban photographer, so I know there's things I can improve!

Was just in NYC Thursday/Friday of last week, two days just isn't enough!

I really like "Miniature", feels like a movie poster to me. Not sure about the loss of the spire of the 1WTC to the highlights in "Burst of Light" although to me it looks sort of like a rocket taking off, which is awesome.

Cheers!

All of them are terrific, imo.
The perspective distortion really works well in these.

(I never noticed a hotel near BH; but the store is truly amazing.)

All of them are terrific, imo.
The perspective distortion really works well in these.

(I never noticed a hotel near BH; but the store is truly amazing.)

It's fairly new (only been up 2? Years). A Fairfield Marriott, between B&H and NYPenn.

Thanks man! I really enjoyed shooting something "different." I'm so entrenched in landscapes that it's nice to shoot new things.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just in NYC Thursday/Friday of last week, two days just isn't enough!

I really like "Miniature", feels like a movie poster to me. Not sure about the loss of the spire of the 1WTC to the highlights in "Burst of Light" although to me it looks sort of like a rocket taking off, which is awesome.

Cheers!

You're right, two days is not enough! I think I had the same "that kinda looks like a rocket" thought too!

Jake

A great series!

I have to say, the first shot gave me a "twin towers a moment before '9/11' feeling/perspective"

A great series!

I have to say, the first shot gave me a "twin towers a moment before '9/11' feeling/perspective"

I actually hadn't thought of it that way until my Uncle mentioned that. If you're a big instagrammer, that style of photo is very popular (and definitely) not an original idea. I've seen that style (looking up at buildings with a plane in the middle) of photo a bunch on insta, and I wanted to add my own take on it to the mix.

Cheers!
Jake

Cheers!

Most reactions

Back