Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
35mm prime
ISO: 125
1/30
f5.6

View attachment 39404

I'm not looking for a lot of C&C on this one but feel free if so inspired.

I pass this store routinely on the way to my son's house. I just like the vintage sign,topped by the two american flags.
I'm sure the old man that runs this store was curator when that sign was hand painted many years ago.
I may stop back in the summer when the shelves under the window are stocked with baskets of fresh produce.
Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Mods, feel free to move this to "Just for Fun" if you feel it fits better there.

Last edited:
That's good because I can't see it...:sexywink:

That was VERY odd, after I posted the photo, I looked at it and it had purplish bands running through it. I've never had that happen before, so I pulled it, desaturated again, and re-saved. If it can go wrong, in my world, it will.

It's ok. It happens to all guys!! I don't think of you any differently. :hug::

Mishele, quit changing your avatar...my heart can only take so much.

Rick, it is one of those small town iconic scenes..rapidly disappearing they are so goo you are recording them.

Mishele, quit changing your avatar...my heart can only take so much.

Rick, it is one of those small town iconic scenes..rapidly disappearing they are so goo you are recording them.

Thanks CB. That's exactly my intent. There may be 1000 photo's of this store front, but one day it won't be there, and now there's 1001.

You are right, they are iconic and they are disappearing.

I ran a survey crew for 12 years and we spent most of our time out in the middle of nowhere surveying farms. There were stores just like that one dotted everywhere. I'd be surprised if there are any left today.

My father-in-law owned one of them. A little country store 15 miles from anywhere in a small community where the family had lived for generations. The state decided a new highway was more important than a big chunk of the community so it all got mashed.

Great shot, Rick. It brings back memories.

Thanks Scott.
You're right. All the Mom and Pop stores are being swallowed up by progress and super stores. They just can't compete.

Nice Rick. Don't know about you but I love my 35mm prime. Use it a lot!

Thanks Rick... I Love it. MK3brent was nice enough to forward this one to me. I find myself reaching for it frst. In my film days, I spent a lot of time with the 50mm hanging on the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back