Jacob Young - All My Children

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got home from Mardi Gras in New Orleans and was so excited when I uploaded my memory card! I got some great shots of the soap opera stars, but this one topped it for me! When their float came by, I ran right out in the road and started snapping as quickly as I could. Jacob Young (in this photo - who plays J.R. on All My Children) leaned way down into my lens and let me get this shot of him, then he handed me some beads and I melted!! HEHEHEHE!!!
P.S. - I was going to clone the piece of something out of his teeth, but thought it added a little character to the photo :lmao:

JacobYoungframedwm.jpg

Not that I would know WHO exactly you succeeded in getting to pose and smile for you this nicely since I am not familiar with your TV shows, I still am amazed at the quality of this spur-of-the-moment portrait ... did you not have to jostle and fight to get to the front, and then wasn't he moving (in so far as his float was constantly moving) all the time? You must be really GOOD!

Corinna,
The float was moving, but very slowly, so I moved slowly with it. I was fortunate enough to be in a spot where there were not a ton of people, so I just jumped into the street in front of everyone and Jacob Young saw me doing this, with my camera in my face - he was so sweet and just hung down to get in front of my lens and I got the shot very quickly.
The funny thing is. My two oldest boys and I were at the starting point of the parade and I did not get any good photos of the actors, so after my boys got enough beads and toys, we ran to the car, drove a couple of miles, luckily found an opening to park along side of a side street, jumped out of the car, and caught the parade from the beginning again, giving me a second change to get photos of some of the stars(not to mention my boys got more goodies!!)!!! HEHE!

Most reactions

Back