Just Need to Share My Sadness Today

I really don't know to say right things in these moments...

Experience with lots of deaths and lots of different reasons a person die of, made my attitude towards death a bit different than "normal". I know it's a bit early but one must focus on the good in the tragedy (not that anything is good in a tragedy but please do understand what I'm trying to say)

We all have a certain time for leaving this world. He had a great life and a great family. He finished with his life in a place he loved to spend time in. Telling us that his wife alway worried about him being there it just show that there was a real reason for her fear/hunch.

I also know about what trauma will leave to his wife. Knowing you on this forum, I am certain that she will always have a shoulder to cry on and an excellent listener. I'm sure you'll help her go through the acceptance and dealing with the fact that God put her there at that particular day and moment.

I'm so sorry, Sharon. It's always hard when good people are take away too soon.

So sorry for your loss Sharon.

OH my, so sorry. I can only imagine what his wife is going through...what a tragedy

I'm so so sorry Sharon. Sending you lots of hugs today.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray the family and everyone receives strength and peace. He definitely was a good man, I am sure everyone was blessed by him. So glad you were able to take their photo. God bless you.

That was a hard post to read, Sharon, and I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, his wife, family, and all those who loved him. So sorry for your loss. :hug::

Very sad to hear.

Joe

Sorry Sharon for your lose. Best Regards

Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry. There just are no words, but my heart is with you and my best wishes to everyone affected... for whatever little that is worth. :(

Thank you all so much for the warm words and sweet encouragement. It's been a hard week.
Tonight was the funeral; I finally got a chance to hug my dear, sweet friend and cry together. The church was just about standing room only, a testament to the kind of man he was, and the number of lives he touched.
We (the choir, which he sang in for so many years) were asked to sing at the funeral--amidst many tears, we managed to do so, to honor him.

And, in a "first" of sorts that I never imagined in my wildest dreams, and would never, ever have desired...a framed copy of the group picture I posted above was put in the coffin with him to be buried with him. That was kind of a strange feeling, but several of the family mentioned again their joy that we'd gotten to take those pictures, so if the photos bring them some comfort right now, well...THAT's what it really IS all about, isn't it?

Sharon, I only now saw this thread. Just wanted to add my condolences to you and your friend and the community who loved this man. I obviously have never met them, but reading about your anguish and thinking of how your friend must feel right now just broke my heart. I'm sending hugs :hug::

Most reactions

Back