Japan

Murasaki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snaps of Japan, the things that you do not see on the TV or Internet.

Shinto Shrine - Ichihara, Chiba
$Shrine Ichihara.jpg

SL - Ichihara, Chiba
$SL Ichihara.jpg

Tokyo
$Tokyo.jpg

Made Man Water Fall - Chiba Station, Chiba
$Waterfall Chiba.jpg

i like the shot of Tokyo... but they come across as cold.. no life to them.. well at least to me...

They were taken with a Canon IXY Point and Shoot ... so yes they are very lifeless. I am new to all this so please forgive me. I now have a Nikon P510 which I am learning about Shutter Speeds, Aperture, ISO, and contrasts, lighting etc. etc. Once I have a little more knowledge then I am getting a Nikon D600 as a starting DSLR.

A camera no matter how much you spent on it is just a tool... it is the person behind the lens that gives pictures life.... go onto youtube and type in ...cheap camera challenge..and you will see what i mean...shoot that you see as beautiful not just point and shoot blindly.. look see and feel the subject you shoot.. have a connection to what you create.....

The shot of the Tokyo skyline is great but it would be better by shooting later in the day with the sun lower in the sky. The haze/smog is also sucking the color out of the image. Is this from a plane or helicopter? What are the minimum altitude restrictions in Tokyo? I ask, because shooting from a lower altitude would allow the main buildings to appear taller.

I like that you still have steam engines in Japan. I thought they already replaced them all with levitating ones ;)

The photography of Tokyo was taking from about 26 floors up, I was in a Office at the time. SLs still run in Japan, they are making a few new ones to be more Eco, all monorails are now driver free and Eco:D give it a few years and we will have transporters in our homes and not need trains or buses...lol.

These were taken with the Nikon P510, all on manual mode. More of a challenge to get everything correct for a nice shot.

Night Shot - Kanazawa-Ku, Kanagawa-Ken
$DSCN0514.JPG

Sun Set - Kanazawa-Ku, Kanagawa-Ken
$DSCN0690.JPG

Dusk - Kanazawa-Ku, Kanagawa-Ken
$DSCN0694.JPG

OP - Since your pictures are "ok" to edit, I took the time to try and bring some more details out of the train, since that was my favorite picture of yours. I think I accomplished that, however now I notice the car more as well, which I REALLY wish was not there. Maybe some one with photoshop will take the time to take it out, maybe even the guy on the bike.

What do you/ or anyone think of my edit? Upon your request I can take it down if you dont like it.

$Japan-Train3.jpg

OP - Since your pictures are "ok" to edit, I took the time to try and bring some more details out of the train, since that was my favorite picture of yours. I think I accomplished that, however now I notice the car more as well, which I REALLY wish was not there. Maybe some one with photoshop will take the time to take it out, maybe even the guy on the bike.

What do you/ or anyone think of my edit? Upon your request I can take it down if you dont like it.

I am fine with people editing my photographs, it helps me out to learn how to be a better photographer, any photographs that I want to copy write I will say it first, but 99% of the time I really do not care for copy write.

I like the edited photograph, and the car and man does need to be removed as they now both stand out.

Can you tell me what you did to the photography please.

I have played with Contrast, D-Lighting, Brightness, Sharpness, Colour Boast etc. and cannot match what you have done, I am thinking because I only have the software that came with the camera, and really need to buy something better.

Last edited:
Gimp is a free program with most of the features of Adobe photoshop (the important ones anyway). That could save you a penny.

I used photomatix for my edit. The tonned effect gives it a fake HDR look, as in the software can bring out light in places light was not there, even though it is only a signle photo and not technically a HDR photo. I find it helpful to bring out details in darker areas, however also easy to over-process photos.

Most reactions

Back