Jazz Night with X-T3

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now I have the X-T3 I am not fussed about going up to or over iso 3200 as in mono I think it looks cool. X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 and edited in Capture One Pro 11.

Chris by Dave, on Flickr

Yes, this looks pretty good as an ISO 3,200 shot. I recall my younger days, when ISO 400 TRi-X Pan film was pushed two stops to an Exposure Index of 1,600: no detail in the shadows,meaning mostly plugged-up blacks, and sort of chalky highlights, but we got the higher shutter speeds we desired. This by comparison, shows at least some detail in the blacks, and does not look "grainy" or mottled. This is a pretty good overall look, I think.

Yes, this looks pretty good as an ISO 3,200 shot. I recall my younger days, when ISO 400 TRi-X Pan film was pushed two stops to an Exposure Index of 1,600: no detail in the shadows,meaning mostly plugged-up blacks, and sort of chalky highlights, but we got the higher shutter speeds we desired. This by comparison, shows at least some detail in the blacks, and does not look "grainy" or mottled. This is a pretty good overall look, I think.

Thank you Derrel, I really am chuffed with how well the X-T3 handles the iso now and won`t be scared to up it while shooting in doors.

Most reactions

Back