What's new

Jefferson Memorial - Cherry Blossoms

Dominic

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Jefferson Memorial during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. A little wet yesterday...
 

Attachments

  • $Jefferson Memorial.webp
    $Jefferson Memorial.webp
    106.7 KB · Views: 122
It's very pretty. I like it :)

Is it HDR or did you adjust the colors some? It seems a little surreal looking, but that may be the weather too.

Nice job :)
 
Thanks! I used CS3 to remove the crowds, a few 'unsightly' trashcans and a large lamp post. I created separate adjustment layers for the sky and top of the memorial in order to do some dodging and burning. A layer was created for color adjustment of the water (cyan and blue adjustments) and another for the blossoms themselves (hue and saturation). The whole photo was then adjusted for brightness and contrast and sharpened (255, .5, 1).
 
Nice post processing. The ominous sky works well in the shot. That's a view (the tidal basin at cherry blossom time) that I hope to see someday.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom