Jess

The first and second are very nice. I wish she´d removed the sunglasses. A big part of "pretty girl" is the eyes. I will never let a girl I photograph wear sunglasses covering her eyes.
Yeah I agree that the eyes are really important in a picture. Adds alot of dimension into a photo. IllI'keep that in mind !

Is she a blogger or social media influencer? These are some great shots that I think would be very valuable to a social media influencer. They have a great lifestyle feel to them.
Thanks Dan! Means alot coming from you! She wants to start something in the area of lifestyle and creative work, but i told her to hold off bc i feel like i still need to step it up a notch before i release my photos to anyone haha.

I probably shouldn’t be on this pro thread because i only recently got in to photograph like ‘yesterday’ but something caught my interest. Something i Saw on another photographers work and now finally have the opportunity to ask. Looking at those pictures, virtually all i notice theres a sharp contrast btw the subject and everything else. The skin is bright and looks like she (the subject) was photographed in a well lit room and the background was shot outside. This may be a terrible way to describe my curiosity and i hope the intelligent people here can figure it out.
Again, i am a newborn into photography and I would like my pictures to look exactly like this. Tell me how? Pls?

I probably shouldn’t be on this pro thread because i only recently got in to photograph like ‘yesterday’ but something caught my interest. Something i Saw on another photographers work and now finally have the opportunity to ask. Looking at those pictures, virtually all i notice theres a sharp contrast btw the subject and everything else. The skin is bright and looks like she (the subject) was photographed in a well lit room and the background was shot outside. This may be a terrible way to describe my curiosity and i hope the intelligent people here can figure it out.
Again, i am a newborn into photography and I would like my pictures to look exactly like this. Tell me how? Pls?
I'm not even close to pro, but thanks for the compliment haha. I'm not sure if I understand completely what you're trying to say, but I think the "sharp contrast" you're talking about is the shallow depth of field in the image which separates the subject from the background (an effect referred to as bokeh) and it's obtained by changing the value of your aperture on your camera. I won't go into the technical details about it cuz there's alot of tutorials online. Or maybe you're talking about the lighting? The lighting is a different aspect altogether though. It's hard to explain lighting in a paragraph so I would recommend finding some of the resources on this site (links) to learn about the types of lighting.

I'm not even close to pro, but thanks for the compliment haha. I'm not sure if I understand completely what you're trying to say, but I think the "sharp contrast" you're talking about is the shallow depth of field in the image which separates the subject from the background (an effect referred to as bokeh) and it's obtained by changing the value of your aperture on your camera. I won't go into the technical details about it cuz there's alot of tutorials online. Or maybe you're talking about the lighting? The lighting is a different aspect altogether though. It's hard to explain lighting in a paragraph so I would recommend finding some of the resources on this site (links) to learn about the types of lighting.

Lol, this definitely isnt about the bokeh or DOF (I know about those fortunately). I think it is the lightening, that warm and soft glow on the skin is what amazes me, thing is it stays on the skin and leaves everything else out. I think i have a long way to go on mastering lighting but i was hoping there was a particular way to do this so i dont have to go through the trial and error phase.

jeytee said:
I played around with the crop and transform tool in PS to extend the background and since its decently OOF, it's relatively easy to cheat this way haha. What do you think? Is this what you had in mind?

I guess so...the original top image has been removed, but I do not see much of a difference on the second (the one with her looking camera left with the coffee cup frame) shot.

Most reactions

Back