Jessica

DeCall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm finally going to jump in and post a picture. I've been a member for a year now (talk about procrastination :blushing:) and have learned so much from reading and seeing your photos, so I thought it was time to get some serious C&C. I'm trying to improve on not only composition, lighting, DOF, etc., but also converting to B&W and PPing. I recently purchased a used D100 and would like to eventually upgrade to the D300.

One thing I see on this is that it's cropped a little tight. What else would/could improve this pic? I'm using PSP XI for PPing.

De

JessBWhighkey.jpg

Good composition, great tonal range, nice exposure- maybe a little over exposed on her cheek, Prehaps a little more contrast to make her face pop out a little. Overall a BW to be pruod of.
Judge Sharpe

Good composition, great tonal range, nice exposure- maybe a little over exposed on her cheek, Prehaps a little more contrast to make her face pop out a little. Overall a BW to be pruod of.
Judge Sharpe

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I think I got a little carried away with the contrast when I was going for the high key effect. I will work on that.

De

Very lovely shot! And I agree with Judge Sharp.

Very well Done!

Derrick

Beautiful, I love it. I agree that her cheek is burned out though, it doesn't take too much out of it seeing as the entire picture is aimed to be sharp and very bright w/ high contrast. You might find a much more interesting photograph from this if you add an infrared filter on it in PS. It pops in my mind as I look at it, it almost could be.

Thanks Bryant. I don't know how to add an infrared filter to it, but I did play with the curve and came up with this. I don't have the original with me, so I tweaked the B&W a litte bit. Better, worse?

JessBWhighkey2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back