Jewelry Product Shots...was not sure what forum to post these in...CNC Welcomed

cminus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cminusphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to get better at this style, and I am surprised I did this poorly after reading how easy it was. I shot these in a combination of the below setups of Light Tent (DIY) and open air with Strobe and Speedlite, both softboxed.

I always see the really nice, bright high key styled product pictures, but mine definitely fell short....disappointly short honestly, lol.

Here are a few from the set...tell me what I did wrong please!

The full set is here

Jewelry-12 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Jewelry-10 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Jewelry-5 by cminusphotos, on Flickr

The set up I used (Sorry for posting 5 pics..)

Macro Studio by cminusphotos, on Flickr

My Little Studio by cminusphotos, on Flickr

The don't seem that bad to me; what aspect(s) are you unhappy with? You might try suspending them above/in front of the background to eliminate the minor shadows that are visible.

Please chose more glittering ornate types and also experiment with the way you exhibit them...like placing them on a piece of stone/on a plant/ along with a flower..... also experiment with different back grounds...why shadows objectionable? use light from one side and let the shadows spread out on the other side.... I mean venture into different possibilities.... we don't know what we are capable of ;)
Of course i like these .... ;)

Regards :D

The magic word is contrast ;) Use old wood, pine bark, perhaps a rusty shovel may work? Test it. Currently the trend in watch and jewelry pictures likes industrial materials: nuts, screws, washers...

The magic word is contrast ;) Use old wood, pine bark, perhaps a rusty shovel may work? Test it. Currently the trend in watch and jewelry pictures likes industrial materials: nuts, screws, washers...

That's the trend on Etsy. Just sayin'.

Most reactions

Back