stockdogtta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been taking my camera when grazing my sheep...took this yesterday
117434273.jpg

Dennis

That's a beautiful shot! What flower is that?

Beautiful!!! Great composition and crisp focus. Just the right amount of petal detail in my opinon to make the flower appealing and still look soft and delicate; and the black background has just a hint of green for interest. Perfection! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments...it is Jimson Weed....all parts of the plant is highly toxic..but I think the flower is pretty.

I have never understood the difference between a flower and a weed. I plant flowers and fight to keep them alive in the Texas sun while there are better looking WEEDS growing in my pasture. Even some "Flowers" that we plant are toxic.

White flowers are tough to shoot with part of them in the shade. Try shading the whole blossum or turning the plant into the sun and you will get even details. I use my hat sometimes.

Craig

Thanks for the suggestions, Craig, will remember that next time and give it a try.
Dennis

I have never understood the difference between a flower and a weed.
The definition of a weed is "any plant that grows where it is not wanted." Dandelions are beautiful but if they grow on your lawn and you don't want them there, then they're weeds. Wheat farmers consider sunflowers to be weeds but other farmers cultivate them. I've even heard that in the lumber industry there are "weed trees."

Thanks everyone...they also have a bad/weird oder when you cut them or leave on your hands/gloves if you pull them.

Most reactions

Back