Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks,

I just wanted to post an update since so many of you pitched in advice when I was prepping last minute for that product photography job interview last weekend in the Bay Area.

The job interview went well. They gave me several tasks to complete, along with a host of questions. At that time they'd already reviewed my portfolio. I left the interview with mixed feelings, but overall feeling good about it. Ultimately, things didn't go the way I expected.

Two hours later and I had a job offer! Woohoo! I accepted yesterday and while the job doesn't pay too well, it's enough to cover bills and is a good start. It should allow some extra time for me to freelance for extra income. I can't give too many details but I just wanted to say thanks :)

Also, for all of you in the Bay Area, I fully intend on shooting with you sometime. You can run, but you can't hide now that I'm in your neck of the woods :D

Congrats! Tell us more when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the seedy underbelly of commercial photography. You are ours now!!! muuaaahahaha!

Well done! I hope you have friends or relatives close by so that you can cadge a free meal now and then! ;)

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward most to the chance of doing some serious freelance work once I get established.

Well done! I hope you have friends or relatives close by so that you can cadge a free meal now and then! ;)

Haha, I'm actually pretty lucky in that the company provides three meals a day to all their employees and contractors like myself. I'm counting on that to help make ends meet, or should I say meat :p

Good for you man, good for you. There are good jobs that have average pay, average jobs that have good pay, bad jobs that have good pay, and bad jobs that have bad pay. Jobs you hate, jobs you can tolerate, and jobs you love. Figure out how you want to frame this opportunity, then get after it!

Sweet deal! Congrats on that, and I look forward to hearing more/seeing your now "professional" work!

Jake

Most reactions

Back