John and Cathy's Wedding

Great shots! I'm not a fan of the traditional style but these came out great.

Gotta say it... Really odd couple.

Seriously, right? They still live in different states.....for the next year or so. I was like, "whhhhhhaaaaat?????"

Anyhoo, I wished I could have recorded the audio of the vows. Really beautiful. They love each other very much. When they were reading the vows, I was over in the corner hoping no one would notice the tears in my eyes.

It's funny how true love works....there really isn't any rhyme or reason to it. I'm guessing this wedding had more to do with the souls than the exteriors.:D And honestly, those are the best kind of unions, right?

I normally shoot trad and editorial on weddings, but on this one, they wanted a traditional bent. I'm just the worker bee.:lol:

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Yeah, odd couple for sure. I think that is part of what rubs me the wrong way with the photos. They all just seem to have a bit of tension with in them, with some awkward expression, and not a lot of apparent chemistry. Also, a lot of them seem pretty soft or over NR'ed, and lack contrast, especially in the black range, quite a few of the backgrounds are really busy, and a few of the crops are a lot tighter than I would prefer. I would have liked to see a 1/2 cut of CTO on your flashes, since alot of the lit pictures seem to have very pale/cool skin tones, while the rest of the scene is very orange/warm. The environment and couple look like they would have been tough to work with.

Most reactions

Back