John Titor- a hoax, or harbinger of massive change?

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
anyone know anything about this? i heard capt spanky posted on this orginally in november last year, i wanno go find that thread, but i wondered if anyone has thought about the whole thing since and what your thoughts are now....

Shark said:
I don' get it. :|
The story is that John Titor is from the future and posted on a couple message boards for a while before disappearing. Read on the site for more information.

I think Toby wants to discuss what Mr Titor says the future holds. Civil war starting in 2005, etc...

voodoocat said:
Shark said:
I don' get it. :|
The story is that John Titor is from the future and posted on a couple message boards for a while before disappearing. Read on the site for more information.

I think Toby wants to discuss what Mr Titor says the future holds. Civil war starting in 2005, etc...

ya, all of the above, but i'm also interested in people's opinion on the veracity of the story itself. can anyone poke holes in this guy's claims? has anyone read of any conclusive evidence that it is a hoax? what's your gut reaction? etc......

Gut reaction is that he's a kook.

I scanned through some of the stuff on the website, and one thing predicted the great unrest leading to the civil war starting in 2004. Clock's ticking, so to speak. Also, it said that stuff started heating up because of the elections. They're almost here, and it's just been the usual partisan bickering...

Shark said:
Gut reaction is that he's a kook.

I scanned through some of the stuff on the website, and one thing predicted the great unrest leading to the civil war starting in 2004. Clock's ticking, so to speak. Also, it said that stuff started heating up because of the elections. They're almost here, and it's just been the usual partisan bickering...

Those are my thoughts as well..

I thought two time machines were needed. One for you to use or send you and one to receive you. As a result you cannot go any further back in time than to the day when the first time machine was invented. As none exist at the moment it's impossible. Well, I say none exist but I obviously can't say that for sure. But if one did don't you think it would be somewhere secure so anyone trying to use it would get caught? And besides, if it is all real, where are all the other time travellers?

couldn't you just take the time machine with you?
and i think he's always said he was from A future and not necassarily ours...
it's been agreed on may occasions that time travel IS actually theoretically posible...
but in this case it's probably plonk but you can't DISprove it as much as you can't prove it...

But what would send the time machine? It can't send and be sent at the same time.

This is the first I've heard of this guy so last night I flicked through that website. I'm not sure if he says directly he is from our future, but he talks about stuff which is meant to happen between organisations which currently exist and how they directly relate to him. So I assume he's from ours.

I think it's all a big hoax, but it does make you think. Maybe that was his intention? Maybe he did all this for some sort of college paper. It's a pretty interesting study into human behaviour isn't it? I would have expected it to have come out by now if it was though. Perhaps it's just a nut job, as Walt said. :mrgreen:

ferny said:
But what would send the time machine? It can't send and be sent at the same time.
why can't it be a vehicle? Einstein worked out that time on a moving object passes slower than on a stationary object so isn't any vehicle a 'time machine' to a degree? In that case, nothing would need to be 'sent'... you've been watching too many science fiction movies... ;)

ferny said:
This is the first I've heard of this guy so last night I flicked through that website. I'm not sure if he says directly he is from our future, but he talks about stuff which is meant to happen between organisations which currently exist and how they directly relate to him. So I assume he's from ours.
there are millions of possible futures if you belive in chaos theory.. any decision which exists has varying outcomes and each outcome would produce a different future.

Most reactions

Back