joined the "L" club; finally

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woohoo! I finally got my first "L" lens: 24-70L f/2.8. It took quite awhile to save up for it but I can now sleep better at night. :lmao:

congratulations :)
I am also saving for that lens and I even got a second job because I want that lens so bad :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting "The Brick". Getting used to the weight? How's the sharpness?

"The Brick"

lol. first time i held that lens (my friends) i was simply amazed how much it weighed... must be some really nice stuff going on in there...

"The Brick"

lol. first time i held that lens (my friends) i was simply amazed how much it weighed... must be some really nice stuff going on in there...
Have you held the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM yet? It's a pound and a half heavier than "The Brick".

"The Brick"
Have you held the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM yet? It's a pound and a half heavier than "The Brick".

Indeed.

Now try carrying both lenses and two camera bodies around your neck along with your camera bag with an extra lens. Now that's heavy! :lmao:

Congrats. A superb lens. You won't be unhappy with it (and yes, the weight is because the incredible number of elements in there; 3 aspherical and a few UD—all of it provides a darned nice, sharp image for a zoom...still doesn't beat the 50/1.4 for sharpness wide open though).

As for the whole "L" thing...L schmeLL. There are a few examples of non-L lenses that are just as good or better than their L counterparts (50/1.4 vs 50/1.2L being one such example). Though it's nice that it comes with a lens hood. That's the one thing that annoys the heck outta me with non-L lenses. -.-

COngrats, I'm still using a kit lens :)

So does that make it a Wall or a Truck? :D

Congrats. It's hard to turn away from L once you've started. :)

i just joined this evening. picked up my slighty used 70-200 2.8 IS!

70-200L.jpg

couple very minor marks on the hood, but the lens itself is mint! the deal i got was amazing, and i wasnt about to let this pass me by!

i just joined this evening. picked up my slighty used 70-200 2.8 IS!

70-200L.jpg

couple very minor marks on the hood, but the lens itself is mint! the deal i got was amazing, and i wasnt about to let this pass me by!
Congrats! I've had mine for a couple of months now...still not quite used to the weight, but the images make me very happy.

3561408183_d8b5a9a224.jpg

I read somewhere that the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM is sometimes referred to as the "Milk Bottle". First time I've ever heard it called that.

Oh, good thing you got yours already...prices on Canon lenses and accessories are going up 10% October 1st.

And the Fall Rebates should be starting soon.

Every time I see one, even if I have it, I still... :drool:

thanks sam! yea, the guy was selling it all because he wanted the new version thats due out. i thought that was silly, but eh...his choice and GREAT for me. there's no way i can spend what they're asking for new and was almost about to settle for buying the sigma 70-200mm 2.8. i dont really wanna make people mad saying what i spent (haha), but it wasnt much more than the sigma. *grin*

...and yes...the lens itself isnt that heavy. its nice and solid, but holy crap...mounted on the gripped 50d yikes! gonna take some time to get used to this... lol

now...if i can only get off work early enough to have some play time before it gets dark i'll be even happier! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back