Joshua Tree National Park

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm getting ready for another trip to the park for 4 days. This is from my trip 3 weeks ago.

These are from the Black Rock/western part of the park.

Yucca with dried blossoms
400-0088.jpg

Cactus wren in a joshua tree
600-0049.jpg

Pinyon jay in a joshua tree
600-0130.jpg

Mt. San Jacinto at sunrise (Palm Springs is to the left) from Eureka Peak
600-6185.jpg

My trusty mule
420-landcruis-0023.jpg

good series.... 1 & 4 are great... dig the jeep :thumbup:

another good seriesl, just keep them coming

Nice series! The lighting in that fourth one is gorgeous.

Look forward to the next set.

Wow, that amazingly large windpark at the bottom of 4 shows how majestic the mountains must be! And to see those in the earliest light of the day ... even more impressive.

I like that little cactus wren.
Do you also know all your birds by name?
I admire all those who do - I keep trying to remember birds' or plants' names, but it just seems like I can't ... :er:

the orange yucca against the blue sky looks really nice in 1. the mountain in morning light is very detailed in different shades of colors, well done.

LaFoto said:
Wow, that amazingly large windpark at the bottom of 4 shows how majestic the mountains must be! And to see those in the earliest light of the day ... even more impressive.

I try to ignore man-made objects in my shots, unless they're cast off and.or abandoned. The wind park was an exception, mainly because that was one of the few decent photos from that morning- however it was a great morning to be out.

LaFoto said:
I like that little cactus wren.
Do you also know all your birds by name?
I admire all those who do - I keep trying to remember birds' or plants' names, but it just seems like I can't ... :er:

I took a bird-watching class last spring, and noted every shot I took. Then from previous years of bird shots (no matter how poor a shot), I bought a book and identified all that I could distinguish and asked my instructor to check my work. Then put them all up on my web site in the wildlife circle;

bird list;
http://digital-desert.com/wildlife-birds/

wildlife;
http://digital-desert.com/wildlife/

it really helped. There's still so much I don't know.

In about an hour I'm leaving for a 2 day archaeology class in Joshua Tree NP. This one is Native Americans and early man in the desert. I'm spending 2 extra days to take photos. My poor teachers- :wink:

http://mojavedesert.net/mojave-desert-indians/

good stuff, walter. where exactly is the Joshua Tree NP? There are a bunch of Joshua Trees where I am going this weekend, but it looks like you are in CA...? Your arch. class sounds like fun... :thumbup:

I love JT, even though I have only been there twice (2 days apart from each other). I like the first shot the best, the colour contrast is great.

JTHphoto, funny you don't know where JT NP is because everytime I see your name, I thing of JT NP. At first I thought you name WAS JT Photo as in you did alot of photos at Joshua Tree. :)

C-YA

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back