Wheat anyone?

Blaithin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These pics are brought to you by the same field most of my storm pictures are located in. It was a much nicer day however :p Any comments on how to spice them up and make them a bit more professional are always welcome :)

1. For this one I think I should have gone for more balance between sky and field. Just so there wasn't as much gold.
43221_1161929431.jpg

43221_1161929612.jpg

3. I would prefer this one with better lighting. Unfortunately dirt doesn't glow.
43221_1161929678.jpg

The most interesting is the last because you went for an unusual perspective. I like that one best, even though the stalks don't "glow" in the sun.

I would have recognised "your" wheat field from the storm pic series without you saying that it is the same. :D

Thanks. I love sitting down and taking photos looking up but more often than not the focus is warped and the objects end up blurry. It's just another reason so get a better camera hehe.

That field makes a lot of appearances in my photos mainly because it was closest to home so when a good storm or awesome sunset appeared that's where I headed. I'm sure you'll see it a couple more times in my posts :)

even with the dull lighting I still like number3

3 different perspectives, have to agree 3 is most interesting.

#3 is cool, like the pov/perspective in that one.
Any comments on how to spice them up and make them a bit more professional are always welcome :)
i love the vast field in #1 - maybe a vertical composition would increase the effect of making the field look even larger. if you try it remember not to center the horizon. A polarizer would help bring out the blues in the sky making the clouds pop. Not much wheat down in AZ, looking forward to more shots from you... :thumbup:

i really like 3 too. but the shots does seem a bit dull, maybe a bit of light added would brighten them up just a bit, and try moving the horizon line up or down rather than centered in the shot... beautiful country you have :)

I am going to have agree that a wide angle vertical compo would be nice to see. I admit i'm guilty of doing a 50/50 balance for my landscapes too, but i'm trying to break the habit in order to create more unique photos. Two ways i would do it....

One with you shooting more down so that the horizion is in the top 1/3 of the photo with a higher f/stop to get you a deep DOF. Then I would Post process with a bit more Contrast and possibly convert it to B&W.

The other is the exact opposite compo...so get more sky (would only do that if there was dramatic sky) and use a CPL or gradiant ND filter to pop the sky.

Overall I thinking tweaking the histogram would make these pop and reduce some of the dullness found. Maybe even some Unmask sharpening would help...

Hindsight 20/20 as always...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back