Jpeg vs RAW!

Hey there,

Just thought i would start a fun topic, i think we can get a conversation going, I shoot RAW because i find it easier and way more flexible for editing. I want to know what all of you shoot, Jpeg or Raw.

It will be interesting to see if there are more people that shoot Jpeg or RAW here.

Anyway just thought it would be fun.
I shoot in JPEG. I paint, mostly with acrylics, and watercolour. However, whether I am going to use the photograph as it is, or as a reference, I do careful editing with Adobe Elements 11 for Windows 8.1. When I know, and have attained plenty of skill with editing a picture from RAW, then I may try to shoot, and work from a RAW image captured from my Canon Rebel XS camera, lens.

I also shoot with a Tamron AF 75-300mm LD TELE-MACRO lens. I also sometimes attach a Canon 50mm FD f/1.4 film lens, with a UV filter attached. Therefore, Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens connects with a ZYKKOR Canon FD Lens to EF Body Mount Adapter for the digital mount on the camera.

Last edited:
On the new camera I shoot both sending raw to one card and jpeg to the other. How much time I can devote to post processing then determines which type I use. Sometimes I will underexpose something with very bright highlights and then use the raw file to bring out detail in the shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back