Jr Football

What were they doing, playing by candlelight?? they did have some field lights on didn't they? (I'm kidding, obviously there's some light there.) Geez I've been in some dark dingy hockey barns but at least the ice reflects some light which helps some.

The first one seems to have a bit of a Halloweenish feel with that greenish mist? foliage in the background? gives it a somewhat eerie feel. The last two are great, I particularly like the portrait, that's interesting and unusual.

Shadows and blacks are what I see. Boost them in post. The images are sharp, but the lows are over powering. With the sharpness you've got You can definitely pull them up. Nice action though.

Shadows and blacks are what I see. Boost them in post. The images are sharp, but the lows are over powering. With the sharpness you've got You can definitely pull them up. Nice action though.
Can't pull up what isn't there. Soon as that happens the blacks go green. I did a bit of work on these and liked how the darks worked with the portrait. The first one works because of the orange, had it been even white, wouldn't have worked. But thanks for he suggestion.

I've been having to shoot games at ISO 12800. lol I know the feeling. Great action in those shots.

It's frustrating trying to do the job when you see the action and it's too dark to record it the way you want, may also be the only reason why I was the only person shooting the game.

High School Field Lights. Never very bright. I LOVE the first shot with those clouds and the receiver with the ball going over his hands and the defender standing there flat-footed. The clouds and that moon-like orb and the orange jersey...so,so Halloween like! My high school had orange and black jerseys. That is a really nifty football image, I really,really,really like it. Mostly for the eerie clouds, but it's also good action,and it has this feeling of doom and futility in it...no way in hell that kid ios gonna catch that pass. It also has a little, small hidden gem in it: that oddball chain-link bokeh ball effect you sometimes get, where a chain link silhouettes sharply on a bokeh dot! It's a strange lens effect that you get with a telephoto lens.

High School Field Lights. Never very bright. I LOVE the first shot with those clouds and the receiver with the ball going over his hands and the defender standing there flat-footed. The clouds and that moon-like orb and the orange jersey...so,so Halloween like! My high school had orange and black jerseys. That is a really nifty football image, I really,really,really like it. Mostly for the eerie clouds, but it's also good action,and it has this feeling of doom and futility in it...no way in hell that kid ios gonna catch that pass. It also has a little, small hidden gem in it: that oddball chain-link bokeh ball effect you sometimes get, where a chain link silhouettes sharply on a bokeh dot! It's a strange lens effect that you get with a telephoto lens.

The clouds are pine trees at the end of the field. It's a reverse image, the defender is the guy in the air and the receiver is the guy standing. He did in fact get to the ball. Thanks for the comments Derrel, appreciate it.

OMG--those are pine trees! Whoa! And he snagged that pass? MIND BLOWN on both! Such an interesting, different, eye-catching night football photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back