Julia Roberts MUCH younger twin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ADORE this picture I took yesterday. I thought I would share. She looks so much like Julia Roberts in this shot. This girl is stunning.
$_MGL3443-Edit.jpg

Without question, she's beautiful.

She looks nothing like Julia Roberts, though, young or otherwise.

Very nice image, by the way...

Nice shot, but I agree with the above. Beautiful hair, nice detail.

I hate to say it, but I see more a Kristen Stewart kinda thing going on.

Why the forehead crop?

Nice shot, but I agree with the above. Beautiful hair, nice detail.

I hate to say it, but I see more a Kristen Stewart kinda thing going on.

Why the forehead crop?
Ii forehead crop a lot. I like the candid nature of it. This is a very candid shot. Nothing posed about it.

I ADORE this picture I took yesterday. I thought I would share. She looks so much like Julia Roberts in this shot. This girl is stunning.
View attachment 40604

The sticks poking at her the on the left are a bit jarring to me. She looks like Julia Roberts? I don't see that at all. I'm not sure why you ADORE this shot; one eyelid appears to be open significantly more than the other, and there's out of focus hair in front of her nose, and in general, much of her hair is actually out of focus when seen at only 1400 pixels wide. The shadows on her hair are pretty plugged up and detail-free, and there appears to be a deep,dark band on her shirt, part of a diagonal "shadow line" that seems to indicate a radically-lifted ,strong shadow that was "lifted" in post, except on the hair, which is still plugged up and detail-free.

She's placed off to the right hand side,forehead lopped off at mid-forehead, and shown squinty-eyed and sort of sideways-glancing out of the frame. Her hand appears very bright, very high in intensity, almost as if that patch of skin was significantly over-exposed, so much so that the shot was converted to B&W to try to alleviate that flaw's impact. Perhaps her personal magnetism and personality are coloring your evaluation of this shot? I mean this in the nicest possible way, but photographically, I don't see anything to ADORE in this shot. Again, I am wondering if maybe there was something about the session, or her personality, that might have unduly influenced you to the point of adoration if a shot with a number of technical/artistic issues. She might very well be stunning, but this shot does not show that to "me"...a disinterested third party who has never seen her.

To me, a photo which is technically "correct" can also be technically "boring".

Do I "adore" the photo above? No, I don't. Then again, I didn't take it. Being the creator of an image, I think, affects the way we see something.

Of all the concert photos I've taken; hundreds of thousands, this is one of my favorites. It's definitely in the top three:

8606313752_8b7cb7f3d2_z.jpg

The photo is an absolute technical trainwreck.

And I "adore" it.

I used it on my business cards for years. I used it on my website and postcards, and the guitarist pictured has used the photo, as well. House Of Blues purchased the rights to the photo, so they thought it was pretty good, too.

It's a horrible photo, though. Had it been in focus, and had the guitarist frozen in mid-air with no blown highlights, without some dude's fat melon in the bottom of the frame and the guitar headstock not cut off, it's doubtful I'd have taken any particular notice of it. Do I care what another photograper thinks about it? Not in the least.

The OP was merely sharing her excitement about an image she captured that, for whatever reason, has an impact on her.

I've read her post a dozen times, and nowhere do I see where she asked "Don't you adore it, too?"

I'm not really into people pictures, but as an outsider I can see there are two clans. The studio, high priced model clan, then the candid, capture life on a whimp clan. While the perfect studio shots are without a doubt beautiful, in my opinion, they are also boring as watching paint dry. I might as well just pick up a magazine and page through the ads.
In a candid shot, I could care less about sticks onto arms, one eye open slightly more then the other or slightly off center. The only thing I'm not real crazy about in this shot is the crop. It just seems a little low to me. But hey, it's your shot and you only have to please yourself unless of course you're on the payroll.

Thank you Steve. Once again, I adore this image. It is my work, so I choose the outcome. She has a softness about her that I find so real and rare. Derrel, your personal attacks can stop NOW. The last thread is over and closed. You hit below the belt, and that is where I draw the line. You do not intimidate me in the least, so please go find a thread where your "services" are needed. They are not needed by me.

Thank you Steve. Once again, I adore this image. It is my work, so I choose the outcome. She has a softness about her that I find so real and rare. Derrel, your personal attacks can stop NOW. The last thread is over and closed. You hit below the belt, and that is where I draw the line. You do not intimidate me in the least, so please go find a thread where your "services" are needed. They are not needed by me.

Honest critique is welcome as long as it agrees with what you like? I saw nothing in his post to indicate a personal attack, and personally agree with everything he said. Derrell and I don't see eye to eye most of the time, but in this instance I think his critique was dead on the money.

That said, as long as you like the results that's what counts. However as far as proper technique goes it leaves a lot to be desired.

To be fair, I don't see Derrel's post as a personal attack, at all.

Rather, it seems as though he goes out of his way to address what he sees as issues with the technical criteria of the photo...

Can't we all get along on this day of colored eggs?

However as far as proper technique goes it leaves a lot to be desired.

This could be an interesting topic for a separate thread; that being whether artisic expression can or should trump proper technique.

Be right back...

Just close the thread.

easy there ...
firstly, i dont see very much of anything in Derrels post that is a PERSONAL attack. was he critical of your photo? sure. maybe even REALLY critical. however, you posted that photo where? in the professional gallery. and what did you get? a professional critique. sorry, but I could see your case here if you had posted this in the just for fun section. maybe you and Derrel have a little history, im not sure if there is something i have missed there, but personal feelings aside, his critique appeared to me to be mostly in a technical sense. what very little he DID seem to get personal with, was simply asking you what it was about this photo that you adored.

I saw nothing overtly rude or inflammatory in Derrels post, so please try not to take negative critique personally. not everyone will love a photograph just because you do, and Derrel simply explained why he didnt. thats part of how this forum works. remember, if you arent looking for critique, of ALL sorts, just post in the "just for fun" section and state you dont want C&C. lets ALL try to keep this thread on topic please.

(also, there is no need to drag prior incidents into this thread. you can PM them if you wish, but there is no need for a public rehashing. thank you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back