Jumpers (8 legged)

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Jumping spiders...always fun to shoot. Very challenging subjects too :)

76992986-L.jpg

77549742-L.jpg

3 to try and give some scale, this little guy is sitting on a standard sprinkler head like you would find in someone's front yard

78029174-L.jpg

78434415-L.jpg

78966265-L.jpg

80366769-L.jpg

7 this was a bonus...these guys were fighting :)
80364033-L.jpg

doenoe said:
dude, these are awesome. Love em all :)

I totally agree... 5 and 7 are my favorate though
#5... His (actually she right?) colors are gorgious.

#7... I love watching these guys fight.

Whoa, in the first you ARE being scrutinized! Whoa-whoa-whoa.
Absolutely amazing macro photos - ALL of them. Just ALL OF THESE! Wow. I am soooooo impressed.

they are sacary and ugly!

but the shots are great :D

Those are fantastic, I know just how difficult those little bugs err spiders are to shoot, if they are the specieis i think they are they are also very very small, females no more than about 4-5mm long making them even harder. I wouldnt want to try it in the feild without a large lunch bag, a comfortable carpet to lie on and i am ashamed to admit it a long cigar. what did you use, what was hard and what was easier than expected?

tim

Thanks all. Sorry mentos :heart:

tpe...these were shot with the Sigma 150mm macro and 2X TC. I used the 2X and extension tubes for #6, but I don't remember which tubes? The hardest thing about these little guys, is that every time I get down there, they turn their back to me. I've got tons of wasted shots of their back sides :confused:

Normally, if I find one jumper, there's more in the area if I just be patient and wait. There's been times where I've just laid in the grass...waiting. You'd definitely have time to smoke that cigar ;)

yea these are great... nice and sharp... and well composed... interesting little critters arnt they ;)

Fantastic shots...I can't imagine shooting such small critters...who probably move around a lot.

Also...I can't wait until I evolve and grow a few more eyes...that will be cool.

more great macros woods - keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Big Mike said:
Also...I can't wait until I evolve and grow a few more eyes...that will be cool.
Hey Mike, when you can see me coming...without looking at me...we'll know you succeeded :lol:

Great pics!! Are they standing on cut blades of grass in 1 and 4???

dude, your a god among men!!!

really awsome captures... and they have eyes in the back of their heads? awsome.

and yes, there is no light at the end of this tunnel !!!

Most reactions

Back