Jumping Spider

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Chased this little guy around for a bit today, he is the first one to take my offer of a leaf to sit on and even paused to pose!

I have to say that the camera makes me totally brave. I have a fear of spiders that goes way back to a LARGE Dock Spider incident when I was young but with the camera in front of me I can get close enough with my 50mm for this shot... never woulda believed you if you said I'd be that close to a spider, even a small one and not be crawling out of my own skin! lol
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Pretty decent "picture". Nice colors, and I like the radial leaf vein pattern and off-center composition. Pretty decent magnification. It's not "clinical"....that's why I put the work picture in quotes.

Thanks DGM!
Derrel, thanks for acknowledging that, you know how I hate hitting the "clinical" mark!

You've captured his personality perfectly!

Looks as though he's been eating aphids, with that tell-tale green stain on his fangs.

Thanks Dewy :)

You've captured his personality perfectly!

Looks as though he's been eating aphids, with that tell-tale green stain on his fangs.
Thanks Designer, I didn't realize that was why they had green fangs! Cool! This guy lives in the room with our fig trees, haven't noticed any aphids so he must be doing a good job :)

I made that up. I have no idea why the fangs are green.

I made that up. I have no idea why the fangs are green.

roflmao! touche Sir lol ;)
I did sit there after thinking damn, I must have a lot of aphids around since they all seem to have the green fangs... yay for jumping spiders! lol!!

Nice capture brave one.The green fangs is the Venom.

Ok Venom,Just made that up.However be mindful of the Brown recluse that have venomous bite.

Thanks Photographiend :)

Ok Venom,Just made that up.However be mindful of the Brown recluse that have venomous bite.

Phew! lol ;)
Ah yes, we have very few bugs and creepy crawlies that will hurt you here, there are two that I can think of and that is one, the other is the Eastern Massasagua Rattlesnake. I have never seen either **knock on wood**

You're braver than I am. I would never get that close to one of those things. I'm a big guy with a very irrational fear of small spiders. Just ask my ex haha but my hatred of spiders aside, I really like this! Love the detail in the spider and the colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back